Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Heathrow expansion ....................... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

Today near me was a open session for locals to see some of the plans for the proposed 3rd runway at Heathrow .................. like it or not I think it needs to happen, along with a 2nd runway at Gatwick

I went along to understand what they are planning by way of infrastructure changes for people going to and from the airport ........ specifically from the south and south east, as at the moment the only options are really driving or train to London and out again...............

Needless to say the consulation confirmed that such plans are NOT part of the consulation, they have to show that they have considered them but they don't have to deliver anything.

So around the local hall were lots of plans and diagrams for everything except this subject except this:

Heathrow.jpg

All these points read as if some spotty teenager has come up with some open "hopes" rather than what needs to happen...........

Talk about a disjointed approach to such an important investment for the UK's future .............................

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wilko

Wilko Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Wilko Electrics
    Ive already got the popcorn out to watch the mess they make... Scarily the b-word customs union thing has potential to be a train smash too :eek:

3. SWD

SWD Gender neutral Electrician's Arms

Just build it without consultation, if you don't like it though luck ;o))))

4. westward10

westward10 In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream. Electrician's Arms

I grew up in Hayes and schooled in Harlington and my mother has lived there and still does all her life. It will be a real shame when areas near Harlington like Sipson and Harmondsworth which have relatively escaped the Heathrow expansion disappear.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  5. GeorgeCooke

GeorgeCooke Regular EF Member

There are already 3 runways at Heathrow, 27L/10R, 27R/10L, and 23/05.

6. SWD

SWD Gender neutral Electrician's Arms

For my apprenticeship I studied at Uxbridge Tech.

7. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    to all the moaners, it's progress. if it's needed, then it,s got to be done. a bit like the moaners up here. ...

" We can't get a decent signal on our mobile phones, but we will protest at EE/02/etc., erecting a mast to improve reception"

" the traffic trough our town is mega congested, we can't get to work on time, but we will oppose the construction of a by-pass that will ease the problem".

8. telectrix

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    to all the moaners, it's progress. if it's needed, then it,s got to be done. a bit like the moaners up here. ...

" We can't get a decent signal on our mobile phones, but we will protest at EE/02/etc., erecting a mast to improve reception"

" the traffic trough our town is mega congested, we can't get to work on time, but we will oppose the construction of a by-pass that will ease the problem".

9. telectrix

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    woow. 4 for the price of one.

10. pirate

pirate Regular EF Member

Going to a drop-in session next week about the changes to be made to flightpaths for Glasgow Airport...some will be upset!
    Personally, I like the present flightpaths as they don't give me any noise nuisance, but I can watch them come in and as they pass by I know I've just got time to get to the airport to meet my wife/daughter whoever...and that's another opportunity to fathom out the latest changes to the parking/pick up/drop off system, and find out how much more they want you to pay for 10 minutes.
    Apparently the current paths have been in use for years and for some reason they have to be amended...just wondering, if the runways remain the same, won't the planes still have to take off and land in the same directions?

• Like Like x 1
  11. telectrix

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    maybe the prevailing winds have altered course, caused by global climate change due to all these aircraft pumping out pollution.

• Like Like x 1
  12. pirate

pirate Regular EF Member

Does that mean they will have to swivel the runways a bit?
    Don't think there's enough room:(

13. telectrix

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    get a gang og pikeys on the job, be done in a week. wouldn't like to land on their tarmac though.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. pirate

pirate Regular EF Member

Indeed not...it's usually a bit left over from a driveway they were doing locally...