Discuss Help - I've got a very bad Christmas present lined up for me this Christmas in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Q

QikMik

We all have these conundrums Mate, DIFFICULT ONE, either tell her she has the wrong drill, or bite the bullet and say lovely darling just what I wanted, put it yer van and buy the right one, don't forget to keep on telling her how useful your new drill is, believe me it's worth it, if just for a quiet life. Oh good luck

I don't think the green range are that bad, it's got an 18v Li-ion battery. I had an older model Bosch green drill in my car for several years before I recently upgraded and it was fine for general bits and pieces although I don't do constant site work. If you're doing heavy installation and your drill is in your hand 8 hours a day then it might be a bit on the lightweight side in which case keep it for home use and get a better one for work sometime after Christmas.

Anything that's not in the professional range is not good IMO, Has to be blue :)

They aren't that much more are they? Could you take it back and put some money to it to get a blue one?

Buy one of those paint stirring paddle things for it, stick it in the chuck and give it your lass as a food mixer for her Birthday prezzie.

Sorted!! :hurray:

(Geordie Spark - Plumbing, Gas Fitting and Marriage Guidance Counseling)

Accept the green drill off the wife with a big kiss and a smile.......And get the girlfriend to buy you a blue one for Christmas.....simples

Do you officially know you're getting this drill mate? If you do then start talking about how much you're looking forward to using this new BLUE bit of kit. Explain it's advantages over the green one because the BLUE one is just so much better, she'll go glassy eyed but keep it up and hope she takes the hint.
If you don't officially know about it then start talking about how much you're looking forward to buying the BLUE one after Christmas, show her it in catalogues etc etc.
It might work, you never know.

get yourself a nice kit for the present, show it to the lady at home and say its from the boss.
she will take the wardrobe one back next day and buy you some socks ;-)

This is why I've always made it abundantly clear to any woman in my life to never buy me anything even remotely tool related!!

Do you officially know you're getting this drill mate? If you do then start talking about how much you're looking forward to using this new BLUE bit of kit. Explain it's advantages over the green one because the BLUE one is just so much better, she'll go glassy eyed but keep it up and hope she takes the hint.
If you don't officially know about it then start talking about how much you're looking forward to buying the BLUE one after Christmas, show her it in catalogues etc etc.
It might work, you never know.

Easier said than done Tel Ive been married 43 years so take it from someone who knows, there is no way you are going to convince er in doors that you don't know what she has bought you, start throwing hints about like you suggest, it will only fuel the devious mind that women of all sorts have, they'll get the truth from you in the end, been there, done that and got the T shirt, lol
Sorry that should read TREV

Last year Mrs Robo tells me I need a new tablet (PC), I told her I have a perfectly good (previous generation) tablet and a decent laptop I'm quite happy with. So xmas day I am the proud owner of a shiny new Galaxy Tab 2 which has been in a drawer unused since boxing day!.

Reply to Help - I've got a very bad Christmas present lined up for me this Christmas in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net