Discuss *help please*2 way switching landing lighting in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

like I said I have done all that and identified everything then all I seem to get is either 2 way switching working fine and all downstairs lights and no power upstairs or no 2 way switching and everything else working

So post a diagram of the cables and connections you have identified

hope he's not going to say saneon driver and a voltstick

only way to do it is go to basics. start at the beginning, ID all cables, draw out a diagram if it helps.

Disconnect everything on the circuit, meter out wire by wire, ferrule every wire, make a drawing and connect as required to get the circuit working correctly, then post back on here to let us know what your mate had done to cock it all up.................

- - - Updated - - -

I was a bit late

we all get blonde moments, though, murdoch. several times i've been head scratching, gone out for a smoke and the penny drops.

we all get blonde moments, though, murdoch. several times i've been head scratching, gone out for a smoke and the penny drops.

But loads of the twxts on here don't exactly install confidence, nor like answering direct sensible questions posed by people TRYING to help.

Reply to *help please*2 way switching landing lighting in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Suggestions / solutions please anyone? I have a 2 way switch, Hall and Landing, power being fed on Landing. When the switch is turned on, the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I've moved into a flat and I've decided to replace the original electric switches and sockets with white ones. I've done them all...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm replacing standard light switches in my hall and landing with touch switches (not smart, just touch on/off) like these from Amazon...
Replies
Views
I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views
Strange on this, we are wiring an extension at the moment and I would like to 3 way the (currently 2 way) landing switch to the new bedroom so...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock