Currently reading:
Help Required with Burglar Alarm (If Possible)

Discuss Help Required with Burglar Alarm (If Possible) in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi geoff, i used to work for eec when they started installing the runnet alarms (please dont hold that against me!!). The tamper fault is due to the tamper switch on one of the PIR detectors, zone 2 was normally the hall. the memoryindication is showing activations, probably the tamper switches. Press the MEM button press the down arrow 2 or 3 times then ok and that should clear. with regards to programming eec had their own engineera code to access this. For obvious reasons i cant put that on here but please contact me and i will help you
The alarm doesnt need to be connected to the phone line, there is a dialler function which can be turned off and the numbers deleted. You can contact me on [email protected].
The alarm system is a good one and has large capabilities, however it is easy to program, as said before you can download the manual from the crowe website. Speak soon

That is a great response to someone asking for advice and a commend you for your response, well done M8

Hi All,

I have now got all of the PIR's mounted, the panel is mounted but cannot continue until I know where and what to connect in the Outside Siren (Bell Box)

The System is the "Crow Runner Series" and the siren is the "Crow Neptune Type" I have downloaded the manuals but there is no tie up details between the two.

Thanks for all of your help and suggestions so far, will keep you informed.

Geoff

These are the markings in the Siren Box

Arm....ARM Indication LED's Trigger (-)

FL.....Power LED Trigger (-)

GO- .......Alarm Trigger (-)

GO+ ........Alarm Trigger (+)

Tamp
.......Tamper (NC)
Tamp

-12V
.......Supply Input 13.8 ~ 14.4 VDC
+12V

But there is no tie up with these letters in the control panel

can you post a decent pic. of the terminals in the panel and the siren?

what are the terminals in the panel? if you post what they are, might be able to tie up with the above.

This is the manual for the Control Panel Page 6

Installation & Configuration Runner Series
Runner2 Series

This is the manual for the Siren Page 2

Installation & User's Guide
NEPTUNE
NEPTUNE

and the url is Crow

but how are the bell terminals described in the actual panel?

That is the problem Tel I cannot see anything that ties in with the Bell Box connections

As far as I can tel Output 2 was for the Bell

can you post a pic of the terminals in the panel?

Sorry Tel but I do not have the camera, the daughter has it, grand childs birthday yesterday, will have to post one later in the week

I contacted Crow direct but this is the reply I have just got from them:-

[FONT=&quot]Hello Geoff[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I would like to help you but on such a case, our support is for an authorized technician only, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You have to consult with a local technician for help [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Best Regards,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Yacov Navaro[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Technical Support and Training[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Marketing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] & Sales Division[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Crow Electronic Engineering Ltd.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tel : +972-3-9726014[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mobile : +972-54-3014266[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Email :[email protected][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]www.thecrowgroup.com
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

It was just a long shot, I could type out a list of the terminals in the Control panel if that would help.

I Just want to get it up and running, sorry to be a nuisance to all of you, but you cannot imagine at 72 and coming home to find that your house has been turned over what it feels like.

That's the one, Well done cloverman what a star

But my system is wireless and not wired except the bell box but it is the same drawing

Ah, just noticed that is not the drawing, the one on page 6 is the correct one as my panel does not have the voice board, but the terminals are the same

Yet another update, I have now got the connections diagram, the system is all connected but I still have one massive problem:-

I have a "Trouble" light flashing and a message stating "Code Tamper" as I have no code numbers I am not sure what the next step is apart from giving it all up.

As you are probably aware, each piece of equipment relating to the alarm, e.g. PIR, bell box, main pain, has a tamper switch.

The only thing you can really do is check that each of the items are assembled correctly and closing the tamper contacts (the switches are on springs so that when the device is opened the contacts open too).

If you find that all of them are ok, then is it possible to do a reset on the panel back to factory settings? Wiping all previous event data as this tamper alarm may be a historic event.

Many thanks Stuuk1 I have cured the Tamper problem but like I said I have no codes so I cannot get into the panel to do anything.

needs a reset to factory default. it may be that you can just reset the codes. any other panel, i could probably do, but for this one you need the installation manual.

Reply to Help Required with Burglar Alarm (If Possible) in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock