Discuss Help with heating plan please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

deadmanlufc

hi everyone, ill start from the beginging

im rewireing a house in a very remote location all is going well until i find a huge connection box for the heating system

this is when it gets complicted

the house has a huge field behind it, all the water runs down into a big box basically sunk into the ground

i cant see any cable in the box but there must be a pump somewhere down ther to pump the water up

in the house their is an imersion heater downstairs and a huge water tank with a disenfector underneath it, at the time of pricing i didnt consider coming across a huge connection box, in this connection box there is 16 pvc cables in it.!!! the cables are a mess and are all tangled theres no chance of me tracing cables back indivdualy,, i really cant understand why there is 16 cables entering this box when so far all ive found is 2 switches ( near fuse box) an imersion heater a pump at the bottom of the garden and a huge water tank upstairs with the disinfector underneath it ( which is plugged into ringmain)

unfortunatley i cant get any makes or model numbers, ive tried looking online for diagrams but all i can find is s plans including boilers and whatever else, i know this is a long shot but this is my last resort and i just thought somebody might of had something similar or know what im on about

or even know a better or easier way of wiring it

the existing connection box was up in the ceiling un accesable which is absoultley crazy

cheers lads

shaun

You're rewiring the house so the junction box is irrelevant (although there is an explanation for it).

Does water flow out of the taps?

If so, turn off the C.u or whatever switch is the main switch.

Does the water come out of the tap still?

If so it's not pumped, bin off all the cables.

If it's stopped isolated each circuit untill you find which one is the pump, you can work the rest out yourself.

Also describe "Disinfector" in greater detail.

Yeah the water is definatley pumped just cant find the ****ing thing ! Only an imersion heater 2 switches a big water tank and a fuse spur in house cant begin to think the need for 16 cables problem is soon as i rip out they will be no running water thinking of ripping out and just wiring what i need ( surely less than 16 cables) but still pretty clueless of what im going to need apart from im not replacing the cable going down the garden ... I was just hoping someone on here might of seen a system similar before and point me to a diagram etc

Reply to Help with heating plan please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net