Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Help with my career: HNC and BTEC in the New Member Introductions area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Elihu

Elihu New EF Member

Hi everyone!

I need some advise to continue developing my career

I moved to Edinburgh from Spain almost 2 years ago and as my english was rubish I couldn´t get any job on the electrical field, so I had to work as Bus valeter, cleaner and handyman.

Although I´m 27, I have 8 years exerience as electrician installer for both residential and commercial and maintenance technician back in Spain.

So a few months ago I decided to contact Naric Uk and get the Statement of comparability for my qualifications from Spain. They said that my qualifications in the UK are equivalent to:

- Rqf Level 3/SCQF Level 6/ CQFW Level 3:
    BTEC National Certificate/ Extended certificate/ Foundation diploma/ Scottish Higher/ SQA National Progression Award at SCQF Level 6

- RQF Level 4/ SCQF Level 7/CQFW Level 4:
    BTEC Level 4/ SQA Higher National Certificate (HNC) (SCQF Level 7)

My career goal is to become an electrical engineer, maybe a field service engineer.

I thought that if I could get a job as electrician with my qualifications it would be great help to reach my goal, but after contacting the sjib they told me that I had to be working for an electrical company in order to be graded but I can´t get a job without an ECS card, so it seems like I´m stuck.

Any advise on that?

Many thanks

2. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    go for the cscs card. this will get you on sites. then apply for the ecs card once in employment.