Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Help with my career: HNC and BTEC in the New Member Introductions area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Elihu

Elihu New EF Member

Hi everyone!

I need some advise to continue developing my career

I moved to Edinburgh from Spain almost 2 years ago and as my english was rubish I couldn´t get any job on the electrical field, so I had to work as Bus valeter, cleaner and handyman.

Although I´m 27, I have 8 years exerience as electrician installer for both residential and commercial and maintenance technician back in Spain.

So a few months ago I decided to contact Naric Uk and get the Statement of comparability for my qualifications from Spain. They said that my qualifications in the UK are equivalent to:

- Rqf Level 3/SCQF Level 6/ CQFW Level 3:
    BTEC National Certificate/ Extended certificate/ Foundation diploma/ Scottish Higher/ SQA National Progression Award at SCQF Level 6

- RQF Level 4/ SCQF Level 7/CQFW Level 4:
    BTEC Level 4/ SQA Higher National Certificate (HNC) (SCQF Level 7)

My career goal is to become an electrical engineer, maybe a field service engineer.

I thought that if I could get a job as electrician with my qualifications it would be great help to reach my goal, but after contacting the sjib they told me that I had to be working for an electrical company in order to be graded but I can´t get a job without an ECS card, so it seems like I´m stuck.

Any advise on that?

Many thanks

2. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    go for the cscs card. this will get you on sites. then apply for the ecs card once in employment.