Discuss help with unvented cylinder, cobi with dual channel hive in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'd remove the connector strips from that terminal box and connect it up as a standard S plan system using wago connectors.
I'd probably feed the boiler directly from the sfcu and take a 4 core flex (L, N, S/L and E) from the boiler to the terminal box using terminal 2 to feed the external controls.
so terminal 3 in hive reciever would go to 5 in wiring centre, and 4 in hive would go to 7 in wiring centre as i said?? is that correct.
so from terminal 2 (switch live out) in boiler where would you take it to on wiring centre.
does that mean terminal 1 (switch live in) in boiler you would not need to connect a wire..
i thought the brown in the zone valves where perm lives but looks as if its the grey wires thats perm lives.

its just a head scratcher for me this one its been 15 year since i done this setup but without using a hive.

so from terminal 2 (switch live out) in boiler where would you take it to on wiring centre.

I'm sure I've mentioned this already but terminal 2 is the 230V feed to the external controls.
Terminal 2 at the boiler is the live supply to the external controls.
I don't know how I can make this much clearer.
does that mean terminal 1 (switch live in) in boiler you would not need to connect a wire..

Terminal 1 is switch live in, exactly what you have just written.
Again I don't really know how to make this more clear without being completely patronising.

i thought the brown in the zone valves where perm lives but looks as if its the grey wires thats perm lives.

Brown and blue are the motor, grey and orange are the microswitch.

I'm sure I've mentioned this already but terminal 2 is the 230V feed to the external controls.
Terminal 2 at the boiler is the live supply to the external controls.
I don't know how I can make this much clearer.

Terminal 1 is switch live in, exactly what you have just written.
Again I don't really know how to make this more clear without being completely patronising.

Brown and blue are the motor, grey and orange are the microswitch.
can you just make it easy and do me a sketch of how you would do it

so at the boiler not cable goes into terminal 1, switched live in???

As I have already said
The feed from the switchfuse goes to the boiler, only the boiler, nothing else.

Terminal 2 from the boiler is the 230V feed out to the external controls. Terminal 2 supplies power to the external controls.

Terminal 1 at the boiler is the switch live in.

There is more than one way of connecting this system but the following will work.

Run 3 core flex from switchfuse to boiler.
Connect the brown to L, the blue to N and the earth to earth.
Do not connect anything else to the supply from the switchfuse.

Using the 5 core flex you have already run from boiler to terminal box.
Connect blue to N and earth to earth at both ends.
Connect brown to boiler terminal 2 and the live supply of the controls terminal box.
Sleeve the black with brown sleeving at both ends, connect it to terminal 1 at the boiler and the boiler switched live at the controls terminal box.
Make the grey safe at both ends.

As I have already said

Terminal 2 from the boiler is the 230V feed out to the external controls. Terminal 2 supplies power to the external controls.

There is more than one way of connecting this system but the following will work.

Connect brown to boiler terminal 2 and the live supply of the controls terminal box.
Sleeve the black with brown sleeving at both ends, connect it to terminal 1 at the boiler and the boiler switched live at the controls terminal box.
so what goes to 3 and 4 in the hive

As I have already said

Yes it is, otherwise the wiring centre won't have a permanent live for the valves.
Given that the diagram still shows the live feed from the spur to terminal 1 of the wiring centre it isn't needed

In fact the boiler may be fed from terminals 1 & 2 in the wiring centre as in the diagram posted at #26 by the OP

Given that the diagram still shows the live feed from the spur to terminal 1 of the wiring centre it isn't needed

In fact the boiler may be fed from terminals 1 & 2 in the wiring centre as in the diagram posted at #26 by the OP

No it can't, the instructions on the boiler clearly state that external controls must be fed from terminal 2 at the boiler.
This kind of setup is common with a few boiler manufacturers these days.

Reply to help with unvented cylinder, cobi with dual channel hive in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net