• If you have electrical work available, then you are in the correct forum.

Post details of the position you have on offer in this forum. Domestic / homeowners are also welcome to post electrical work they have available on their property. Or you're welcome to seach for a Local Electrician in our directory.

Discuss Hi all! I'm here to introduce myself in the Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

This person requires some work. They've hopefully explained their skills and qualifications and what area they're in. Otherwise, what's the bloody point?
Reaction score
Okay so I have a C&G 2365 level 3 which covered electrical and electronics engineering and I want to do an NVQ and AM2 to become a full qualified Electrician. But I prefer to choose the electronics field of the electrical engineering industry. And for me to progress I must get a job position related to electrical engineering to pursue further and do the course. That is the hard part unfortunately, I cannot find any job that will accept my qualifcations for me to get in. Has anyone got some advice or some valuable information to share? that would be ever so grateful.

Thanks,
Troy

Okay so I have a C&G 2365 level 3 which covered electrical and electronics engineering and I want to do an NVQ and AM2 to become a full qualified Electrician. But I prefer to choose the electronics field of the electrical engineering industry. And for me to progress I must get a job position related to electrical engineering to pursue further and do the course. That is the hard part unfortunately, I cannot find any job that will accept my qualifcations for me to get in. Has anyone got some advice or some valuable information to share? that would be ever so grateful.

Thanks,
Troy
Hey Troy,

I am in a similar boat myself currently my full time job is non trade, but I have been doing work for friends and family and my own house, basic stuff at first like swapping out fittings/accessories then alterations etc. I've have been getting more jobs over time, last weekend I fitted intermediate switching to a relatives house (they had standard 2 way controlling landing light from upstairs and downstairs) as they wanted a 3rd switch on a wall of an extension they had done a few years back as well as lights and switching adding in their boarded out loft.

Was a good job as it involved running new cable, switches, lifting boards, clipping and making good afterwards (once all the testing was done).

Recently before that I did a rewire and board change (which was inspected and signed off by another fully qualified spark ) as via word of mouth, it got back to the client what my situation was, wanting more experience etc, and they were happy to let me do it as they (gas engineer and plumber) had difficulty years ago when they first got into a trade due to lack of experience.

Throughout all of these small to large jobs, I've done videos and taken pictures of progress, when they time comes to me to look at moving into the role full time (initially want to move to a firm to get work full time and do my NVQ) I have a small portfolio to back up what experience I have, areas to work on etc.

It is a bit of slow road (I am currently learning to drive) but getting there bit by bit, and word of mouth is helping me to get small jobs in.

If you can start of doing things like that, that may may put you in better standing when it comes to applications, and you will learn stuff, as lot of the main learning comes from doing the job itself (for me at least, I had sod all electrical knowledge when i first started at college at a night just before Covid lol)

You will get there!

Hey Troy,

I am in a similar boat myself currently my full time job is non trade, but I have been doing work for friends and family and my own house, basic stuff at first like swapping out fittings/accessories then alterations etc. I've have been getting more jobs over time, last weekend I fitted intermediate switching to a relatives house (they had standard 2 way controlling landing light from upstairs and downstairs) as they wanted a 3rd switch on a wall of an extension they had done a few years back as well as lights and switching adding in their boarded out loft.

Was a good job as it involved running new cable, switches, lifting boards, clipping and making good afterwards (once all the testing was done).

Recently before that I did a rewire and board change (which was inspected and signed off by another fully qualified spark ) as via word of mouth, it got back to the client what my situation was, wanting more experience etc, and they were happy to let me do it as they (gas engineer and plumber) had difficulty years ago when they first got into a trade due to lack of experience.

Throughout all of these small to large jobs, I've done videos and taken pictures of progress, when they time comes to me to look at moving into the role full time (initially want to move to a firm to get work full time and do my NVQ) I have a small portfolio to back up what experience I have, areas to work on etc.

It is a bit of slow road (I am currently learning to drive) but getting there bit by bit, and word of mouth is helping me to get small jobs in.

If you can start of doing things like that, that may may put you in better standing when it comes to applications, and you will learn stuff, as lot of the main learning comes from doing the job itself (for me at least, I had sod all electrical knowledge when i first started at college at a night just before Covid lol)

You will get there!
I switched to computer science now I am not too confident with stuff like that im doing another 2 years in college the same coillege which I did 3 and a half years of college unfortunately I dont have entry requirements for university so it feels like a loop

Reply to Hi all! I'm here to introduce myself in the Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net