Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Hi Guys, new here and looking for work :-) in the New Member Introductions area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Matt Luck

Matt Luck New EF Member

I am currently doing a course to become an electrician and I am looking to get a job as an electricians mate to help me get going in this industry.

I am living in West Sussex (Bognor Regis).
    I own a car and travel isn't an issue for me.....currently driving to Southwater to work each day!

Any help would be massively appreciated

Thanks

Matt :)

2. chappy2000

chappy2000 EF Member

I'm currently looking for some extra hands, although I'm a bit far from you.

I got my first foot on the ladder by sitting down with the yellow pages and phoning every electrical company around me. Got 2 job offers the same day..... good luck

3. Richard Burns

Richard Burns Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Richard Burns
    Welcome to the forum.
    I am afraid I cannot help with the employment directly, but you seem to be making a good approach via the forum, but follow all routes you can think of don't be limited to just electrical companies as maintenance and building also need electricians.
    I hope you do find something a bit closer to you.

4. Matt Luck

Matt Luck New EF Member

Ok thank you. I am open to all suggestions at the moment. I'm currently scaffolding and not really enjoying it. Hence why I enrolled onto a course and now looking to start somewhere

5. Gavin John Hyde

Gavin John Hyde the lights are on but nobody is home

Business Name:
    Sulis Electrical Services
    Keep plodding away, ask around, if you are already involved in construction via scaffolding then ask the person paying for it who is doing the electrics on the job ...

• Like Like x 2
  6. Matt Luck

Matt Luck New EF Member

Gavin, i have already. I mainly work on one site which we have and the sparky's on there aren't looking at the moment for anyone. I will keep going though.
    Just super keen to get started and leave scaffolding behind

7. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear Electrician's Arms

welcome .why does every body want to become sparks .
    if I had my time again plumber /heater engineer I would be . loads on monies .

• Like Like x 1
  8. Matt Luck

Matt Luck New EF Member

Ahh that's unfortunate! I hadn't thought of yellow pages, good shout! I'll give that a go aswell.