Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Honeywell security alarm problem in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. gas tech

gas tech New EF Member

Hello, I have an issue with my house alarm system. It is all Honeywell and its a couple of years old. My bell box is making no sound/noise when activated.the warning light is flashing underneath.

It's a reson 8 bell box, on inspection in the bell box the timer is set to Test. There is a little link on the test pins, when I remove the link and put it across either the 5,10 or 20 minutes the sounder alarm goes off and doesn't stop no matter what.

What is the problem here? Battery, break in one of the cables?
    Thanks beforehand for any advice

Below is a picture of the timer set on test I'm on about

View attachment 36062

2. SparkyChick

SparkyChick Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla Staff Member Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    SparkyChick
    Can you supply a picture of the connections for the bell cable within the control panel?

I'd also take a look at that sticker on the chip... something expired in June 2016, it looks like WARRANTY.

Has it ever worked properly? If it was working, it could be it's simply failed and needs replacing. However, having just had a quick look at some instructions, the TEST link should be set to a time, which I believe is the time the unit will sound in the event of a loss of connection to the panel. You should be aware that with the cover off (tamper active), the unit will sound until the cover is replaced (and possibly the panel is reset).

I've not worked with Honeywell gear, so I'm guessing.

3. gas tech

gas tech New EF Member

Thanks for the reply,
    Yes Thats how I read it the link should be moved to one of the times. I have replaced the bell box for new, the picture is of the old one so I could swap it like for like.
    I'm sure it was working before but how if it was set on the test link?
    When I replace the panel on the bell box and reset the panel the sounder is still going full blast and non stop.

4. SparkyChick

SparkyChick Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla Staff Member Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    SparkyChick
    Any chance of a picture of the panel/bell cable connections?