Discuss Honeywelly9420 sundial rf pack 2 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have just installed the above heating system controller on a Y plan all seems to work ok but the programmer is saying no signal and rf icon is flashing. The thermostat is coming in and out on tempeture, programmes are ok but this “no signal” is bothering me any ideas please
Thermostat is a DT92e

Dual_Channel_Controller_-_Y-Plan_System.png
there you go a better version .

upload_2017-12-14_21-11-22.png

No I am not a pro, but have but the thermostat next to the programmer making no difference.
on the thermostat hold the on off button for 2 seconds until it locks, press the up and down keys together until inst appears, press down and cont should be displayed, hold the down button for 3seconds to enter test mode, hold down button down again for 3 seconds until SS is displayed. The signal should be displayed. The range is 0-5, 3 is recommended but anything 2 and above when programmer and thermostat are within 1 meter of each other is satisfactory. The signal strength will flick between o and the signal strength number every few seconds. I would unbind and rebind the thermostat to the receiver/programmer and check the signal strength again. If it still isn't 2 or above then either the thermostat or programmer/receiver is faulty and will need returning/replacing.

Have checked rf and it saying 5 but programmer still saying no signal. I did a reset but still the same. The tap icon on hot water is flashing and if I try to get extra hour on hot water or override on hot water it’s saying invalid any ideas
Also heating is coming on when not require. Heating working but 24/7!!

Last edited:
New batteries, have not change wiring yet, i switched of power to programmer and rebooted it and presto it worked fine for a while2/3 hours but then reverted back to no signal with the thermostat only 2 mtrs away! Have rebooted again and changed programmes so hot water is a different time to heating but not convinced it’s right yet. Next is to look at wiring but can not understand why it works for a while then plays up

New batteries, have not change wiring yet, i switched of power to programmer and rebooted it and presto it worked fine for a while2/3 hours but then reverted back to no signal with the thermostat only 2 mtrs away! Have rebooted again and changed programmes so hot water is a different time to heating but not convinced it’s right yet. Next is to look at wiring but can not understand why it works for a while then plays up
Have you unbound the thermostat a rebined it?

Yea as Lee says. Unbind and rebind and do a signal check first thing to do.

There pretty good but there’s a few things that might upset it like large metal objects(boiler) too close to prog or stat, foil backed plasterboard celotex etc. blocking signal

Had absolute murder with a Honeywell Evohome once and turned out to be interference from a Sonus speaker syestem.

I have disconnected batterys in stat which seems to reboot it. And turned power off of programmer to reboot that. It runs fine for a while but reverts back to no signal.i am using a wired cylinder stat which is not honey well would that make a difference?

Reply to Honeywelly9420 sundial rf pack 2 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net