Discuss horly rate in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi guys, really interesting stuff i charge £250 on my own p/day or £330 for me and mate! Now im really thinking im to cheap what do you think? When i say £250 a day people turn there heads but after reading this i feel confused by it all.
Im in Birmingham so would be interesting to know what you think?
Thanks

That sounds about right for the Lincolnshire area but I'm not sure for Birmingham.

the thing is what can people expect in this hour, every job is different and they can all come with problems... i do believe when you have all the proper buisness legalitys if you want put it in place then £15 per hour doesnt cut it... but then in some jobs it woud if you have nice steady organized job..... its a tricky buisness to make it clean cut and transparrent what you earn and what you will get done in a certain time , la la la la la la la hum

you win some you loose some

getting subbed in is a completely differnt kettle of fish

I'm in Newcastle and I'd want £150 - £200 per day net.
Domestic callout 1st Hour £50 and £25 for every hour after that but If there all day just day rate .
Similar for Commercial but £70 and £30.

When I put my tax return in I always think "all that ball ache for that"

Absolutely spot on post!

This is true with all trades I see some that barely scratch a living but are excellent tradesmen and others that are coining it in because they have a well designed business model

I sadly learned the hard way by also working far too cheap but have restructured my whole costing system and really focus on customer service and a professional image and my profits have soared over the last few years

Reply to horly rate in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net