Discuss House water pump keeps needing a reset in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

twocans

DIY
Reaction score
Hi. I have a single phase water pump which supplies our house. It frequently cuts out and needs to be reset (on pump itself). Because of our location (rural Spain) I suspect it is erratic voltage supply. Is there a power regulator I can use in between pump & outlet to overcome this?

possibley a UPS, the better ones have a double conversion that takes whatever input voltage is available and converts it to dc voltage.
this is then converted into an ac sinewave output of the correct voltage regardless of the input voltage (within limits)

Thanks James. The pump
possibley a UPS, the better ones have a double conversion that takes whatever input voltage is available and converts it to dc voltage.
this is then converted into an ac sinewave output of the correct voltage regardless of the input voltage (within limits)
Hi James. Thanks for your reply. I would appreciate picking your brains again, before buying a UPS. The attached pictures xhow the pump, what size UPS would be best? Many Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG-20240205-WA0003.jpeg
    266.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG-20240205-WA0001.jpeg
    304.5 KB · Views: 4
i would be looking at a 2000VA unit also known as 2KVA

Reply to House water pump keeps needing a reset in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am interested in having a home generator that would provide power to my home when the power is out during hurricane season, etc. I have 2...
Replies
Views
Dear Forum, I recently joined this forum, and writing for the first time. I like DIY activities, both for hobbies both to fix and repair stuff in...
Replies
Views
The Pump House for my Water Well is located way out in a field about 350 Ft from the house. It is wired with Romex 14-2 with a Ground. I have 2...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, I am currently working on a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) consisting of 10 flats, with three parking spots equipped with...
Replies
Views
I've always thought I was quite good a wiring heating systems, I can do Y plan, S plan, UFH set ups, "normal" thermal stores etc, you name it and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock