Discuss How could i lower the power to this unit to make the motor go slower in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

beatles2011

Hello, i need some help.

I have this record lathe (below) and it operates like a normal record player but just that it cuts them (records). This units motor runs at 78rpm which is a bit to fast for making records now as at 78rpm i can only cut 3 minutes of music. I want to be able to slow the motor down without having to modify anything inside the unit if possible. Is there any type of device / unit that i can attach between the 3 pin mains plug and this unit so i can slow the power to the motor down which would mean the motor would slow down so i can record more music onto a disc.

Let me know if there is anything and if possible link me to a site which would sell such a device, preferably with a digital screen to lower the power (to make the motor run at about 33 or 45rpm or somewhere around that)

Help greatly appreciated. Pictures attached below. Many Thanks

100_3571.jpg

100_3569.jpg

100_3570.jpg

100_3573.jpg

100_3572.jpg

100_3556.jpg

Attachments

• 100_3569.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_3573.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 5
Please see my answer on the other thread.

Reply to How could i lower the power to this unit to make the motor go slower in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I have a project I have been working on, that has me out of my depth with regard to my knowledge, as I am a very basic electronic hobbies...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have just found out that a family member who is having some Building work done has been advised to insulate above the Kitchen...
Replies
Views
Hi, First of all I must explain why my posting came to be on this site, I was looking on the internet for a forum that could help with a project...
Replies
Views
Hello, Not an electrician and I currently live in an apartment building. Over the past few years I have been having abnormal problems with my...
Replies
Views
Aside from every screwdriver in the universe, I wonder what the most creative mis-use of a tool you have encountered is. I'm sure this example can...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock