Discuss How much do you charge for a electrical conditioning report? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi there I'm not sure that I'm in the right place but here goes?

I've recently been asked by a landlord to complete several condition reports on his properties of all various sizes some empty and some have people living in them. As I have always worked for someone I'm not sure what price to charge and wondered if people could point me in the right direction?
Any advice would be great fully received.

You can either go survey each property and put in a price for each depending on how long you think they will take. Or the 2nd option is to have a fixed price per circuit plus an admin cost which would be my preferred option.

without stating my charges, which most of us would not, there are 2 ways of pricing eicr's.

1. estimate the time it will take, including filling in the cert and then hours x your hourly rate

2. price per circuit, e.g. 10 circuits @ £20/circuit = £200.

^^ wot they said, but be aware that there are the "corner cutters" who will do them for far less!

So don't be surprised when you put a price in and don't get the business

Thanks for the answers so far, I was thinking about a day rate for the properties coz of the paperwork after. I'm sure there will be some people that will do the work for £50 and will guarantee a pass.

HHD said it right , Leave the pet mongs and their dog $h1t scraps of paper alone.
Provide a professional service carrying out proper reports and charge for them accordingly, if you start dropping to their standards then you're has bad has them.

Saying that, I quoted an hours labour last week to change two pendants to batten holders with materials thrown in and was told I was "quite a bit more expensive" than a handyman she'd spoken to. I told her to go with him then and wished her luck.

You'll never stop people going for substandard work because it's the cheapest, and in an ideal world, you'll stick to your guns and charge proper rates but I know some people are left with no choice but to drop rates and I sympathise with that.

I dont do prices as i like to do a proper job and do inspection well, i could do 10 circuits in a hour with out proper inspection and i will fix miner faults as well to save time on re cert and coming back
so i would say a day easy

Reply to How much do you charge for a electrical conditioning report? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net