Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss How to become fully qualified?! in the Electrical Courses & Electrical NVQ's area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Shpark

Shpark EF Member

Hi Guys,

So I completed my level 2 and 3 C & G course at college in May. I’ve worked as a mate a bit since, but I need more experience and consistent work to go on to complete my NVQ and whatnot.

My question is, as I’m not going the apprentice route, what’s the best way to gain that experience, so I can complete my NVQ, but not only that, become a competent spark. Im unsure of what to even ask an employer for.

Any advice would be very helpful

J

2. 37chevy

37chevy New EF Member

Sadly the route to which you have taken means you will need ot try and get a job with a registered electrical business

Couple of avenues to try look on the NICEIC forum for Electrical business's in your region and hit them all with a letter noting your experience and exams passed and hopefully they may be able to help or ring the JTL .

This business caters for apprentice electricians and confirm our business uses them and funny enough we have taken a few lads recently with your qualifications and they have now got to do a three year apprenticeship to get the experience to then get qualified

Good luck