Discuss How to interpret this diagram? in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2003 Toyota Camry. The driver side power window switch is done for and my window is currently stuck in the down position.

I want to attempt to jump the wiring harness to get the motor to wind the window up but need help interpreting the attached wiring diagram for my car's power windows.

I would be grateful if someone was able to tell me which connections are for Power, Ground and window Up & Down.

Thank you.

20201227_180102.jpg

first, do we assume vehicle is left hand drive? if so it would seem you need to jump the LHF switch on the up terminals.

can you not obtain a new/2nd hand switch, ebay perhaps?

first, do we assume vehicle is left hand drive? if so it would seem you need to jump the LHF switch on the up terminals.
Thanks for replying :) vehicle is right hand drive. I've worked out that the up and down pins are 4 & 9. I'm still not sure which pins are the main power and ground connectors. There seems to be 3 ground connections; correct me if I'm wrong. Pins 1&3 that combine to form a common ground with pin 16. The wire color is the same for pin 2 which is why I am assuming 2 is ground as well. If this is so, which ground do I use?

the RHF motor seems to be the odd one out on that diagram. all the others have up/down. all i can suggest is to manuallyhaul the window up and if necessary, wedge it till you can get a replacement part.

the RHF motor seems to be the odd one out on that diagram. all the others have up/down. all i can suggest is to manuallyhaul the window up and if necessary, wedge it till you can get a replacement part.
RHF seems to be showing the connection for the motor only. I'm guessing pin 6 is now the main power since all other windows are connected in series to it. What I now don't understand is why RHF isn't. I also just noticed that 5 of the 6 pin connectors are used. Pin 2 of the motor connector isn't used. Why is this?

can't say. my toyota windows operate with a handle winder. ☺️

Definitely one of those moments when you miss the simpler times. You realize technology isn't that great when it breaks down and affects other things.
totally agree. gone are the times when you could fix a breakdown with mole grips and a bit of wire./gaffer tape.

totally agree. gone are the times when you could fix a breakdown with mole grips and a bit of wire./gaffer tape.
Thanks for the help though. Definitely can say that this has led me down a rabbit hole of seemingly endless learning. I have a habit of fixating on a problem until I've solved it or at least grasped the idea of how and why things behave the way that they do. Always good to put it out there. Bouncing ideas and conversations around creates new pathways to thinking.

problem is that switch does not appear to have an up/down. just on/off., but looking at the lower part of the diagram seems to be a motor for RHF with 6terminals. experimentation with jumping might blow a fuse or 2, but eventually get the damn thing up.

problem is that switch does not appear to have an up/down. just on/off., but looking at the lower part of the diagram seems to be a motor for RHF with 6terminals. experimentation with jumping might blow a fuse or 2, but eventually get the damn thing up.
Read a bit on this in toyota's online manual. Apparently pins 2, 3 and 6 are related to the pulse sensor and limit switch. Which makes sense since 1 could be ground and 4 & 5 up and down. Why is it directly connected to the master switch instead of a separate one like the others? I guess it just cuts the power to either when you need it to go up or down hence why it has it's own ground to complete that circuit? So in fact, it could be that pin 6 of the master switch is the main power, 2 the ground and 4 & 9 on and off

Last edited:
Put + & - to R & G of motor connections. Or other way round. Just a short splash to see which way it goes, first.
Unplug from master switch first.
It's a dc motor, so reversing connections will change direction.

Put + & - to R & G of motor connections. Or other way round. Just a short splash to see which way it goes, first.
Unplug from master switch first.
It's a dc motor, so reversing connections will change direction.
Thank you. Do I need to connect it directly to my 12 volt battery? I was thinking the same thing but will need to get cables. Not sure which ones though. Any ideas?

If it's just to close the window any wire similar to what's there already. One from car ground (body) and one from a 12v positive. Shouldn't need much wire.

Reply to How to interpret this diagram? in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net