Discuss How to wire cat5e wire to commercial electric jack in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
The wire reads

03474 f.t south wire saber link cat5e utp 4pr 24awg (ul) c (ul) cmr verified (ul) cat5e e198892 0822-h cat5e

The jack I am using is commercial electrics
#226 344

It contains an Ethernet port and a coaxial
Connection

I am including the wiring color code that is in the instructions. Basically I need to know which of my cat5e’s 8 color coated wires goes to the 8 connection points on the back of the jack.

FYI I tried both wiring schemes the instructions suggested with no success perhaps there is another one.

Sorry about the blurry photos
EF049535-EC3B-4EA1-8569-467E3A62DB5D.jpeg6E2814C8-89EF-42C9-9B67-82F940181212.jpeg1C2178C2-A877-4C3A-A89D-07BCB45A7F54.jpeg

The table in the second picture tells you. Use the T568B standard on all connections and you'll be fine.

The table in the second picture tells you. Use the T568B standard on all connections and you'll be fine.
Ok great, I think that is what is wired rn. I’m using an apple wifi router. Perhaps I need to reset it. It wasn’t appearing in my list of available WiFi. Thank you.

Reply to How to wire cat5e wire to commercial electric jack in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

J
Hi all, Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully to give me some advice. :) 1) I am building a self build home and want to wire it...
Replies
Views
janner43
J
B
Prefix - I've tried to post this in automotive, but it would not let me. This may be because I have not been recently active. Apologies if this is...
Replies
Views
L
Hi guys, I hope somebody may be able to help me out. I've installed wiring for a home network in Cat5e, running cables to most rooms and...
Replies
Views
TerryMI5
T

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock