Discuss I know its partly a plumbing question, but....... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

BlueToBits

...it's the sort of thing a domestic electrician may know.

Is it actually illegal for a householder in his own home with no plumbing qualifications to turn off his water stop tap and cut the water inlet hose to their own washing machine whilst the hose is connected to the ball-valve adaptor?

The plastic nut on the washing machine connector was seized up and I couldn't get enough access to get tools in without removing the machine which was to be scrapped.
The driver of a well known white goods retailer delivered a new machine and was paid extra to take away the old one. He refused to have anything to do with my proposed "illegal act" and promptly left the premises.

Prior to this he had already (needlessly) cut the power cable and left the plug with exposed conductors at the end of a cable tail next to the socket in the cupboard under the sink. As he was at work, did he breech EWR in that he left unsafe user operable electrical apparatus the site?
Thanks for reading and for any help you can offer

He is a delivery driver tell him to worry about delivering and collecting and you will worry about the connections. Overskilled is right ring the office it sounds like he could do with being taken down a peg or two.

He should be reported for leaving the plug with exposed conductors. He should have destroyed the plug and disposed of it. Raise it as a health&safety incident with his boss, tell him a child picked it up and was going to plug it in. That should sort him out. Then leave the washer in his front garden. Daz

driver wont be a plumber, he knows only how to shut isolation valve and reconnect machines.
you can do £££ in damages if a leak goes wrong.

Reply to I know its partly a plumbing question, but....... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net