Discuss i need to find some downlights that ar ethe following spec in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

Eddiesparks

Hi boys and girls,

I am doing some soffit lights for a client at the moment. The space is tight and after drilling out 65mm holes (already drilled - DOH!) there is prob only 5mm at each side for the bezel of the downlights. Smallest bezel I can find is 80mm but this i think will be too big. Bear in mind i will need ipx4 at least. I had spec'd for LED and planned to GU10 it with non fire rated ip65 lights ( like i did at the rear where there was for some reason more space!) but they just dont fit at the front. I've already drilled the 65 mm cut outs out and i am BRICKING it now!

They need to be white but that is it. Anyone know of any downlights with a 65mm cutout that would work?! perhaps they make MR10 downlights? God knows!!!... and so does one of you, i just know it!

Eddie, Have you definitely only got about 5mm to play with on EACH side of the downlight? If it is on just 1 or even 2 of the sides then you could just make the hole a little bigger opposite the 1 or 2 sides and then fit the 80mm downlights in.

I must admit I cant find an IP rated at 65mm or less cut out, and less than 80mm diameter but heres a few sites offering smaller diameter downlights that might offer something if you contact them:

MyGreenLighting - Low energy downlights > Downlights by cutout diameter > Cutout 56mm - 65mm
40-60mm cut-out | Integral LED

Reply to i need to find some downlights that ar ethe following spec in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Got an awkward bathroom fan installation in a downstairs flat, concrete ceilings and (some) walls. Bathroom is already fully tiled and...
Replies
Views
I need your help please once again in tracing a fault. Am DIY but not clueless. Converting former kitchen into 2 rooms: bathroom and laundry. The...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm not an electrician, I'm just a homeowner who thought they were about to do something as simple as replace a bulb only to find the task...
Replies
Views
Hi, Im looking for some professional advice with regard to downlight positioning. It has been a long time since i have installed downlights and...
Replies
Views
Hey all, Could do with some help. I had a company recommended to me who quoted me to do an EICR on my rental property. (£265). I thought this...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock