Discuss I would appreciate any advice on a wall mounted TV in my kitchen (UK) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

trix87

DIY
Reaction score
Apologies if this question is not in the right section.

As per title, I am considering a wall mounted tv in my kitchen.
Whilst i have one in my main living room, it is above a stand so displaying wires was sorted and there is a power outlet below which made things easy.

I have a couple of issues regarding the kitchen set-up however, I can attach an image link to better show this.

I would ideally like to get a slim 40-50 inch TV as close as possible to the wall, ideally with a firestick to stream on, my concerns are..

1. the TV would be above a radiator
2. there are no sockets on the wall, id be open to having a socket fitted behind the TV, but im not sure how easy this would be, and whether it would need plaster-board removing etc. the nearest outlet i suppose is on the opposite side of the wall at the default socket height.

Any input would be greatly appreciated :)

image link - https://i.Upload the image directly to the thread.com/WB9YiMl.jpg

Can't see your pic, unfortunately. Usually, a good option is to build a false wall with plasterboard, about 50mm off the original and cable behind that,

In general if there is a socket one side of a stud wall there is usually a way of adding a socket the other side. Not always simple, especially if the first one is a spur already, but usually something is possible.

if you post yor location, one of us maybe close and happy to quote.

1. the TV would be above a radiator
Max ambient operating temp for a Samsung TV (to take an example) is 40DegC. If you had a shelf above the rad, and mounted the TV a decent distance above it, as you say close to the wall, you might well meet this. Worth measuring.

Max ambient operating temp for a Samsung TV (to take an example) is 40DegC. If you had a shelf above the rad, and mounted the TV a decent distance above it, as you say close to the wall, you might well meet this. Worth measuring.
Exactly what I have myself. 55" Samsung above a radiator, with a shelf to deflect the heat. Seems to help, but not ideal.

I have a 42", roughly 600mm above the kitchen radiator. It's base never gets much above room temp - not sure if that's down to good air circulation or my being miserable and having the heating set low.

Reply to I would appreciate any advice on a wall mounted TV in my kitchen (UK) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net