Discuss INGCO Tools - Dewalt lookalike in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Came across some tools by INGCO this week. from a distance thought they were Dewalt but was wrong.
Got handed a powered screwdriver and thought its actually really good and better than the free bosch one i got from a supplier and soon sold on ebay.
Had a look on the Ingoco Amazon store and they are very well priced. build quality from first use seems as good as if not better than dewalt.
As with all tools there are adpators for the batteries but if you have a need for a certain tool for a one off job could be worth a look

Anybody else got or used them?

build quality from first use seems as good as if not better than dewalt.
Doesn't really say a lot for the quality then

The last couple of Dewalt tools I've bought have both needed warranty repairs one was replaced because it failed in the first month that failed 3 - 4 months later and went back to Dewalt for repair that was 5 years ago, the latest tool an impact driver with the power stack batteries that is currently in for repair 2½ months after it was purchased and Dewalt's customer service is abysmal there is clearly a design fault in the tool that Dewalt don't want to admit to

I find it's usually battery and chuck life that will define whether i use stuff like that or not. Otherwise these tools are all much of a muchness and it's those two for me that separate the wheat from the chaff.

Because i already have tools and am in the DeWalt ecosystem i'd never buy one to try it unfortunately.

You getting one?

They've taken more than a few cues from Dewalt branding - while this isn't necessarily a reflection on build quality, it's a marketing ploy that never sits well with me.

They've taken more than a few cues from Dewalt branding - while this isn't necessarily a reflection on build quality, it's a marketing ploy that never sits well with me.
Ever thought it is Dewalt selling off b grade tools or testing a new tool design on the market

No chance in Hell this company is NOT connected to dewalt ! their lawyers would be all over a company taking the ---- this much

Good luck leaving a battery on charge of one of these… that is assuming it’s a Chinese knock off.

I was going to say the same

Have you ever seen one go off?
Not mine but I seen one explode on site while charging a few years ago. I really can't describe what it was like but I can assure you that I NEVER leave them on charge after seeing that, knock off or not

I wouldnt be surprised if the american guy behind the company has not bought the moldings or license to some old dewalt stuff and likely made in same chinese factory.
You may notice that as Dewalt also own stanley the 2 are becoming ever more alike... not 100 % sure the batteries are the same but the dewalt rep at a trade show did tell me the stanley power tools are now rebadged dewalt. makes sense design once for 2 brands.

As somebody said about batteries going pop... I have seen a lithium ion battery go bang after a ladder fell down and smashed it. damamaged the cell inside and that thing blew and lit up like a rocket engine. water didnt put it out so somebody threw a bucket of sand on it and left it for around half an hour. then scooped up using spade

I've seen individual cells go off in controlled experiments
I wouldnt be surprised if the american guy behind the company has not bought the moldings or license to some old dewalt stuff and likely made in same chinese factory.
You may notice that as Dewalt also own stanley the 2 are becoming ever more alike... not 100 % sure the batteries are the same but the dewalt rep at a trade show did tell me the stanley power tools are now rebadged dewalt. makes sense design once for 2 brands.

Which American guy would that be?

I have seen a lithium ion battery go bang after a ladder fell down and smashed it. damamaged the cell inside and that thing blew and lit up like a rocket engine

That's exactly what i witnessed (obviously faulty overcharge circuit) Apparently 5ah battery was chinese knock off, been working fine for about 6 months before this happened while on charge for approx 45 mins

There were sparks and flames about 10 ft up, incredible amount of power. Luckily charging point was in middle of large area and caused little damage apart from some other chargers / batts close by which were covered in melted plastic
There was literally no plastic left, just a string of very burned cells

It's worth noting that, while these tools bear more than a passing resemblance to Dewalt, they aren't 'knock offs' and I'd be fairly certain that tools, batteries and chargers are manufactured to a decent standard.

I've no idea how capable the tools are, nor how much use and abuse they may be able to withstand, but this is a sizeable operation with distribution in many countries around the world. Their website indicates all the facilities one might expect from a large manufacturer, including aftersales support, but it's worth noting that no aftersales support exists in most western countries.

On another note entirely; given the prices offered on Amazon, I'd be more inclined to pay the very little extra required to buy entry level Dewalt tools.

Ingco combi with 2x 2Ah batteries, charger & bag on offer at £90.99

Dewalt DCD776 with 2x 1.5Ah batteries, charger & hard case from B&Q at £95

Both of the above comparable in terms of speed & torque.

As I've never had any problems with my Milwaukee gear, batteries or tools, I'll stick with quality.
Still using my original 12v batteries from 2008.

Reply to INGCO Tools - Dewalt lookalike in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net