Currently reading:
Insulation Resistance of floodlights

Discuss Insulation Resistance of floodlights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Davetherave

I keep getting short circuit between live and earth. I can't work out wether this is normal or a genuine fault. Unfortunately I can't lower the floodlight to inspect further. Can only test at the bottom of the base. Can any one help?

0.14 ohms

Well if it's really 0.14 ohms L-E and the light works, the CPC must be O/C somewhere and there is a risk of exposed bits being live. If this is not obvious to you, I suggest studying a bit more about testing before undertaking this kind of work.

OK so you walked over to a random floodlight that was WORKING and thought hummmm im going to do an insulation resistance test on this working light????
WHY MATE ???
Alternatively if you are part of the electrical trainee Nerd Herd then leave the flood well alone and let it continue working normally as it is before you do F it up !!

Reply to Insulation Resistance of floodlights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back