Discuss Insulation Resistance in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

To the OP. If your part p registered how did you pass the assessment? Testing is one of the main requirements and especially understanding the results. If you did pass it and are a domestic installer this still doesn't make you a qualified electrician. I should of put the last bit in pet hates.

When Mars is closest to the Earth, it takes light three minutes to travel between the two planets. If you asked a question to an astronaut on Mars, you'd have to wait at least six minutes for an answer, and Mars is usually a lot farther away than that.

in the sequence of tests before the supply ois connected it doesnt state rcd testing comes first
i continutiy oc protective conductors
2continuity of ring
3ir
4pol
5 earth electrode

in the sequence of tests before the supply ois connected it doesnt state rcd testing comes first
i continutiy oc protective conductors
2continuity of ring
3ir
4pol
5 earth electrode

who said it came first andy? the fact you gave a 0.2 reading was why we asked what the real readings were, now we know what 0.2 has to do with a TT system, but 1 do you? and 2 what has your IR readings mean to you?

If your insulation tests are poor it is little wonder you aint done any RCD testing. Anyway you originally said you had done RCD testing and you got 0.2 whatever you claim that is supposed to signify!

one of the posters in this topic stated i shouldnt be doing anything if i havent done rcd tests

No we asked you to confirm your RCD readings before we would give you any help andy as the reading you gave was at best confusing and you got the 0.2 mixed up from something else to do with them??

Reply to Insulation Resistance in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net