Discuss insurance claim pricing. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

thekingiam

local pub has had a break in and they have stolen all of the copper pipe, this has caused water damage from the 1st floor into the pub.
customer wants a quote on repair work how would you deal with this. i have done a eicr on pub before the break in about a month ago.
i cannot tell where water has got to as property was empty and owner didn't know when happened can only see a few ceilings have gone.
i have only had a quick look and pub cu and rcd trips on half the circuits.
fire alarm box smashed to smitherines and some smokes smashed off wall.
would expect a full rewire a partial or another eicr and quote for repair work.

Give a quote to carry out another EICR and tell them you will then give a second quote once your bill has been settled for the EICR for remedial works picked up whilst inspections took place.

As above, but just do you EICR on where the damage has been done and quote accordingly. Can't imagine the insurance company are going to pay for anything other than what they have too.

If you do a 2nd EICR very soon its more than likely that any water will still be affecting the circuit(s) - so you may need to advise 1 immediately, then another one in a month or so........

Get it clear who is paying. Should be the customer pays you and gets it back from the insurance company, unless the insurance company commissions you direct. If the customer orders the work but tells you to bill the insurance company you'll have the devil of a job getting the money out of them.

pj

just dragging up an old thread, no response off insurance and pub has got broken into again, will be fitting a burgular alarm on friday. someone left a glove there with dna they got the fella.

Reply to insurance claim pricing. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net