Discuss Inverters in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rdo

Has anyone came up on Ginlong / Solis single phase inverters?

I was recommended and offered one by a decent installer, but would like to research a bit first.
They look decent on paper, however, I'm reserved as not well known here.
I rang them and they even answered, however, their UK's office doesn't impress on google maps.

There are number of Chinese wannabe Inverter manufacturers. The major issue woth them is a lack of track record. Quite a number of volume installers are using them as they are cheap as chips and apparently offer a ten year warranty. you are unlikely to get the same level of sophistication as that offered by leading European Manufacturers.

With all equipment whether it be panels or inverters, spending a bit extra on something with established provenance should assure you of a better long term investment.

10 Year warranty (even insurance backed) on a 2nd tier Chinese supplier is no warranty unless product held in quarantined stock in the UK for replacement, or a bond arranged with a UK bank to cover warranty liability.

6 years from now, you'll have the somae problem as some people have with damaged panels today, manufacturer doesn;t even exist any longer, and if they don't pay their annual premiums then no chance of recompense...

The Chinese are coming with rock bottom prices. Warranties mean nothing in today's uncertain market. I have this argument with SMA and how expensive their kit is but its good high quality kit. My only issue is its nearly double the cost of a Chinese one which impacts my profit margin.

after a quick evaluation I walk away from the Chinese but keep a close eye on their market presence as I only use chinese panels now. The European manufacturers are being bouyed up by the solar farm industry and would collapse leaving China to rule the world if it wasn't for the European banks.

Im keeping an eye on SMA though as life in that camp is becoming tight and experience with solarmax has me weary. Eventually I will go to the Chinese inverter but not yet.

cant comment on Ginlong but have used Solis for the first time last year and they are doing exactly what they should. i havent had any problems with and chinese equipment. i especially like Samil Power and have been using their inverters for nearly three years without a single problem. The only failures we have had is with SMA the trusted German 'get what you pay for' brand. i think much of the MCS equipment in the UK market is decent quality so you cant go far wrong, especially at todays relative good value.

The Chinese are coming with rock bottom prices. Warranties mean nothing in today's uncertain market. I have this argument with SMA and how expensive their kit is but its good high quality kit. My only issue is its nearly double the cost of a Chinese one which impacts my profit margin.

after a quick evaluation I walk away from the Chinese but keep a close eye on their market presence as I only use chinese panels now. The European manufacturers are being bouyed up by the solar farm industry and would collapse leaving China to rule the world if it wasn't for the European banks.

Im keeping an eye on SMA though as life in that camp is becoming tight and experience with solarmax has me weary. Eventually I will go to the Chinese inverter but not yet.
some Chinese products are good.

i use corsair ram on my pc, had a faulty stick so sent it back a year after i bought it and they sent a new pack.

(life time warrenty) made in china as well, don't touch foxconn its sh!t

the workers are treated that badly from time to time you will get really bad products from them

Reply to Inverters in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net