Discuss Is a cooker switch required in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Blags mate ................how dare you ;)

I've never worked on a 2nd fix contract to just fit the appliances and when you went to connect the cables the first fix lads just pushed about 4 feet of cable into the conduit at each point

It will always cost us mate to be honest. The majority of DIY'er have the mentality still of it must be ok it works. I suspect like me mate you have seen the 9kw shower wired in 2.5mm and was told it's been like that ever since it's been installed 3 years ago, and in all honesty the cable as been perfect.

As competant person Tony you have to make sure the job is correct, it's safe , and it complies, others ie DIY'ers Cowboys and the local builder, don't and todays cables, appliances and such are so well made mate there are very few incidents that occur.

I don't think there will ever be an answer to your question mate. As long as sheds, and even wholesalers sell to all asundry you will get this, after all DIY is a massive market. I suppose it is everymans right to work on his house and do what he feels is safe and secure.

The Part P just makes a mockery out of decent electricians trying to make a living, on a very uneven playing field.

Malc

I think more and more people will say bulls to paying £400+ a year to belong to a scheme, over on another thread tuckermot has let his part p go because he can't compete.

Gas Safe don't charge no where near as much, so whos being ripped off?

Malc

I think more and more people will say bulls to paying £400+ a year to belong to a scheme, over on another thread tuckermot has let his part p go because he can't compete.

Gas Safe don't charge no where near as much, so whos being ripped off?
we are being ripped off. our customers , indirectly, are being ripped of. and so are all taxpayers, paying the cost of keeping all the suits in gold plated pensions.

Telectrix

I won't sure, whether or not you could see through it all, because most people just shut off from it all and don't discuss it.

That's what the op is doing now, jumped in his car and going to a shed to buy a cooker switch.;)

Went to my local shed to get some tile adhesive and like you do I had a walk down the electrics section. Man and wife looking at duel rcd c/u??? Didn't look like they could wire a plug never mind a cu so I asked them. "my mate knows how to do it, used to be an apprentice years ago". Apart from the obvious making money from selling all sorts if electrical equipment, how do they get away with it? I can't buy industrial strength solvent due to h&s, why can anyone go to a DIY shed and buy all they need to rewire a house?

I still genuinely believe we should be licenced. Though I read somewhere that the Aus government are looking to abolish this method but I may be wrong there.

It amazed me that unless your a sole trader, it is the company that is part P registered. So you can have as in the situation of Tonys where he is a QS signing off work, and have 100 monkey's doing all the install work. It is crazy.

My wife is an RGN, she is the one registered, not the hospital or in her case the nursing home she runs, she is the registered nurse, I think she pays about 75 pound for 3 years to the nursing and midwifery council and this body authenticates any upgrades she does or any modules she need to complete to retain her registration.

Why can't we have this, I'd gladly pay 75 pounds a year to a body that will allow me with my qualifications to work on electrical systems and give me a licence to do so.

Paul - I See a couple the other day in tool station all happy because they had purchased a vapour proof floury lol

Malc - Ive had murders telling people they have to go back and bond the redundant gas pipes, they why?

Reply to Is a cooker switch required in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net