Discuss Is orientation of bathroom fan important in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi
I have bought a new bathroom fan to replace a faulty one. I don't have much cable available (emerging from wall) and it won't stretch to the connectors within the fan without extending it. However, if I rotate the fan fitting through 180 degrees (ignoring the text and arrow suggesting where the "top" is), the cable will reach comfortably. By doing so the timer delay adjustment is at the bottom rather than the top which, I would argue, is also mildly more convenient. Does it matter if I choose to install it "upside down" like this?

The fan is wall mounted near the ceiling.

Thank you in advance.

Hi
I have bought a new bathroom fan to replace a faulty one. I don't have much cable available (emerging from wall) and it won't stretch to the connectors within the fan without extending it. However, if I rotate the fan fitting through 180 degrees (ignoring the text and arrow suggesting where the "top" is), the cable will reach comfortably. By doing so the timer delay adjustment is at the bottom rather than the top which, I would argue, is also mildly more convenient. Does it matter if I choose to install it "upside down" like this?

The fan is wall mounted near the ceiling.

Thank you in advance.
No difference at all to it operating .By depending on how the cover fits .This might be a issue to close/open etc at a later date

Check if there's any writing on the front cover. (I did this once, and it was fine until I picked up the cover to refit it as the final act of the job).
There's no problem extending the original wires within the casing of the fan.

Doesn’t matter, just depends if your OCD will allow for any writing on the fan to be facing a strange direction, but it won’t effect the fan operation whatsoever.

The main issue is the one already mentioned, snap the front on, and then realise you can't fit a screwdriver between the wall and the clip, so the only way it's coming off is using a universal persuader....

I fit a lot of Xpelair C4T fans as i believe no other fan is as good for the money .But I spend ages making sure the "lines" and branding line up correctly !

First visitor you gave that uses the bathroom will notice an upside down fan and will mention it!

I’d be inclined to extend the cables inside the fan.

Reply to Is orientation of bathroom fan important in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net