Discuss Is Rbc spur needed? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Proper Job

Hi all.
i am about to run some cables for outside lights and a pond ( pump and filter). The source of which is a switch in the conservatory, which is not on an rcd but but I am going to up grade the breaker to an rcbo.
now I can not run a new supply to feed the outside lights, that would have been my preference and I am concerned about future tripping from the pond especially considering the internal rooms on this circuit,so is it a good idea to bring the feed entering the switch down to a fused rcb spur and then back to the swich to feed the lights (. It is in a stud wall so no probs with fishing a cable)
The lighting circuit supply's the kitchen ,garage and another couple of rooms so I am hopping that by adding the outside lights onto this circuit with a Rcb spur, that if a problem did occur outside that the spur would trip out first?

Reply to Is Rbc spur needed? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Thank you in advance... So I had an electrician put in some FCUs on spurs to a couple of outside lights.. this one was in readiness to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My mother wants a double socket adding next to a desk, behind the desk there is a 10mm (i dont know the MCB in the Consumer Unit) which...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, newbie posting! Does the following sound ok... Existing circuit: SOCKET on a ring -> spur to SWITCHED 3A FCU -> SWITCH -> hardwired FAN...
Replies
Views
We have a room in the house that was the kitchen. That has been relocated to a different area, so the old kitchen has been sold off and the room...
Replies
Views
Evening all, I’m looking to install an outside light as a spur from a socket on a ring main. There is already a spur from this socket supplying...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock