Discuss Is this a Part P failure? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

BPG4 issue 6 says otherwise.
Although, this is one instance where I disagree with BPG4, and agree with you. C2 any day of the week, as more often than not these meter cabinet doors are unlocked and left flapping in the summer breeze.
On the grounds that it's in an enclosure only accessible with a tool??
Does that mean it's OK for all the wires in a loft to be 6491X singles, as long as I put a screw in the loft hatch before leaving?

Never had any dealings with NICEIC personally.

I have a customer who previously used a local electrical firm for some garden lighting, sockets etc. NICEIC approved contractors, with their own shop, nice vans etc, high price, appeared very professional.

The garden lighting failed in a short space of time, and started tripping out the RCD, taking half of the house with it. My customer couldn't get the firm to come back to fix it - several times they agreed a time and date, then didn't turn up, and eventually they stopped answering the phone.

My customer complained to the NICEIC, who did in fact visit to survey the work, agreed that it wasn't up to scratch, and forced the company to return to correct the it. I don't know what incentive was used to get them back, but I would guess that their membership was under threat.

My story seems to be unique, as I never heard of anyone else having any success in complaining to NICEIC. It seems that they would only get involved when all other options had been exhausted.

Does that mean it's OK for all the wires in a loft to be 6491X singles, as long as I put a screw in the loft hatch before leaving?
I don't think you could call an attic an enclosure, if that were the case the house itself could be classed as one.

I'm the only one that goes up into my loft, I'm defined as competent (well nearly), and I need a special tool to open said loft hatch. The ones at work are a friggin nightmare to open, almost need a degree in loft hatch opening.

A better analogy is needed. 🙂

Reply to Is this a Part P failure? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net