Discuss Is this hourly rate low for paye work? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I think that is happening now, when the stay in instruction is lifted all the work that has not been done during this period will not have disappeared it will still be there, but will have become urgent. :yum:
I'm not convinced. I'd say it's far more likely that people and companies won't wish to part with their money.

Im of the same opinion as @Mike Johnson that as soon as this is over and the lockdown is relaxed there will be a boom. Not only will you have to do the work you werent able to do now there will also be new work coming in.
Unfortunately i believe this is months away and i think an ever tighter lockdown is around the corner!

Can't get any tighter than not going out for three weeks, so far. :tired: I am so board, I serviced the boiler, cleaned out the gutters and just about to jet wash the patio's, drive and car standings.

Just been discussing various jobs etc with some other trades and been sent this job ad from pertemps for electricians in Edinburgh... What's your thoughts?
Seems on the low side to me... After tax. Ni etc you ain't got much more than what sainsburys pay to stack shelfs!
Got me wondering what the pay is for sparks via Paye around the country. London will obviously top the table. But how much variation is there?
My hourly rate is double that and a bit more.
If I am not msitaken that's a temping agency job isn't it? The end client will be paying far more than that to the agency while you do the work. That's how it works. You need to find out what %age of the the billable they are keeping. 50% would be my guess.

Reply to Is this hourly rate low for paye work? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

So I just started out recently and I’m struggling with what to price myself at. It’s worth noting I live in the east London area and I’m looking...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
Just had one this morning..... Very nice part of North London. I'm outside stripping out / re installing terrible installed security lights etc...
Replies
Views
I'm facing a dilemma and any advice would be hugly appreciated. I'm transitioning from the military into becoming an electrician. I've completed...
Replies
Views
I hope this is the right place to post this, please redirect me if not. I've spent quite some time reading the forums, so I apologize if I've...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock