Discuss Just heardxxxxxxxxxxxzzzzzzzzzzzz in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just heard from a good friend of mine from years back, we grew up, got girl friends , got Married , had kids all within a couple of years of each other.
Went out together as couples, but moved away in later life, my Mates Wife had passed away, a shock for all concerned, he is wheel chair bound, lives in Taff land, don't know what to do, he has a daughter who is his carer, a bloody shame. Stupid title rules

As we age, these things happen...can't change what has happened, only plan to try and avoid same thing in the future. Start trying to reconnect with old pals, I suppose...we are all headed in the same direction these days, sadly...
Tragedy strikes increasingly often these days, for those of us of a certain age...work less, my friends...live more.

@Pete999 here down south we are having at least a funeral a month of people we have known for years. It really brings home the mortality of us and the fact it is a lottery and our name may be next on the list. Will you go to the funeral? Can your health allow you to? Most often cause of death is cancer. And you really get to see death has no favourites. Clean living diet perfect people popping off along with smokers and non-smokers. Burger and chip eaters as well as salad eating vegans who have lived the pure life. No rhyme nor reason. No doubt a time for reflection for you.

Very well put Vortigen...no rhyme nor reason...but as we age, all the causes come together to make it a lottery as to who succumbs...

Think positive. Sh*t happens to other people, not you....

You can be as healthy as you like, eat properly no alcohol etc and get hit by a bus crossing the road.
Life should be full of simple pleasures.
Enjoy life, enjoy love.
Don't stick your finger in a live socket

Health Defence by Dr Paul Clayton is a good book to read, people can have a bad lifestyle but a good diet with the correct amount of nutrition and will live a long life.

Most people don't die of old age they die from illnesses, you may laugh at vegetarians but on average they do live longer, I think the people with the healthiest diet and who live long lives are from Okinawa there is also a theory that people who suffered from starvation and survived have a tendency to live longer, my Mum went at 86 her sister and cousin are still alive and in the late 80's, Russian concentration camp survivors.

I am sorry for your obvious concern,and have had similar situations,where life seems to happen...whilst you are making other plans...

I find these occurrences are not the time or place,to discuss health or diet,which are not any immediate help.

"A trouble shared,is a trouble halved",is a very accurate old mantra. Sometimes,just hearing that someone else,has had similar issues,sorted or not,or just a simple old "chat",can save a person from a day of moping.

Consider a call,or letter...(you may have to explain what one of those,is,to are younger posters...) You may find that such an action could lift the spirits of both parties :):):)

Strength and honour,dude ;)

Reply to Just heardxxxxxxxxxxxzzzzzzzzzzzz in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net