Discuss Just incase you're interested in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Only work part time, and have been on the sick for 4 weeks with a bad back, lots of people take the mick. bad back oh yeah pull the other one, but if you're interested the Doc has diagnosed a depressed vertebrae which I can assure you is bleedin painful, off for another two weeks pain killers and trancs, but feel free to take the pees I really don't care. Probably get hauled in when I eventually go back to work (if I do) saying Pete you have been a naughty boy, going to have to put you on PIP performance improvement plan, does this face look concerned? :grin:

Only work part time, and have been on the sick for 4 weeks with a bad back, lots of people take the mick. bad back oh yeah pull the other one, but if you're interested the Doc has diagnosed a depressed vertebrae which I can assure you is bleedin painful, off for another two weeks pain killers and trancs, but feel free to take the pees I really don't care. Probably get hauled in when I eventually go back to work (if I do) saying Pete you have been a naughty boy, going to have to put you on PIP performance improvement plan, does this face look concerned? :grin:
get the doc to write you a light duties note for when you return.

don't forget to get your mother to sign it.

get well soon

Get one of these and learn to drink upside down, that'll uncompress your back!

Upside down.jpg

Sorry to hear that Pete. You can get these “Wheat Bags” which are pretty good for pain relief. Better than any tablets!

Not going to take pee mate as I've said before in here had major spinal op last year now have titanium rods and screws holding back together before that had 2 lumbar and facet joint injections. Only work part time now all that and still not right.
Feel for you its no joke back pain.

Sorry to hear that Pete. You can get these “Wheat Bags” which are pretty good for pain relief. Better than any tablets!

vodka's made from wheat, isn't it? it's also a good pain reliever.

i've had a bad back for years. it's not all easy being a scouser. some things come with the territory. must have been all that bending in my youth, nicking wheels.

vauxhall vivas and morris marinas weren't easy to move on, mate. 1600Es and RS2000s were worth the trouble though.

Pete, I had a similar problem when I returned to work after a long term absence with my legs, my immediate boss gave me some serious grief about not being able to keep up with my colleagues (no concessions that they where 30 - 40 yrs younger than me) so I played the DDA card. "You’re disabled under the Equality Act 2010 if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a ‘substantial’ and ‘long-term’ negative effect on your ability to do normal daily activities."Equality Act 2010 (Taken from gov.uk website) It's worth a read. Good luck and get well soon.

Pete, I had a similar problem when I returned to work after a long term absence with my legs, my immediate boss gave me some serious grief about not being able to keep up with my colleagues (no concessions that they where 30 - 40 yrs younger than me) so I played the DDA card. "You’re disabled under the Equality Act 2010 if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a ‘substantial’ and ‘long-term’ negative effect on your ability to do normal daily activities."Equality Act 2010(Taken from gov.uk website) It's worth a read. Good luck and get well soon.

Thanks M8 I'm a Civil Servant working for a department that has gone commercial, years ago you were a name, now if you're off sick for any length of time you have become a liability, sad but thats life I guess. I'm seriously thinking of jacking it in, I'm not blowing my own trumpet, but 39 years of service working all over the world with some really dodgy electrics, and they treat me like this, sod em.

Reply to Just incase you're interested in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net