Discuss Klein Orange Screwdriver 5 piece for sale in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

It was only a few days back you'd posted about these being great drivers.

I need to know what replaced them?
they are great , I actually have 2 sets ( might actually see if the old man wants them for round the house drivers ) and if I lose a driver I can rob one back

As you like your screwdriver DD have you tried the Boddington range.
IMO one the best screwdrivers on the market.

Attachments

• Boddingtons screwdriver.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 14
I only have one Boddington driver . a PZ2 , its very nice and I am tempted to buy the full set

But I already have about 6 or 7 full sets and a whole host of other random drivers kicking about in varios boxes and bags

Just off the top of me head, I have

Wera
CK
Bahco
Irazola
Klein
Wiha

+ some random odd ones like Draper , Boddington and Wickes

I think I might have a problem

lsd stress GIF by Challenger

oh and thats just the vde ones....

I have Stanley , Wurth , Vessel and loads of old random non vde ones as well

On the subject of drivers; I went to screw some storage contaners to the garage wall a short while back and didn't fancy pulling out tools, so lifted first driver that came to hand.

It was PZ2 and after 10 minutes of rumaging around for wood butcher screws I gave up and lifted a box of 1" scrulox and a scrulox driver. Job done properly and I felt real sympathy for those people who don't know any better.

On the subject of drivers; I went to screw some storage contaners to the garage wall a short while back and didn't fancy pulling out tools, so lifted first driver that came to hand.

It was PZ2 and after 10 minutes of rumaging around for wood butcher screws I gave up and lifted a box of 1" scrulox and a scrulox driver. Job done properly and I felt real sympathy for those people who don't know any better.

Roberston Square Drive ?

Pretty much. I continue to pray for the darkness to be lifted from GB, so that its enlightened electricians may enjoy the benefits known to your counterparts in NI (and the people of Canada).
Yeah , Square Drive are big in America and Canada , but hardly ever seen in the UK

That said I was doing some decking recently and the fixings were small square drive

I was trying to think where I encountered square drive recently, then I remembered, I got a Trend pocket hole jig for my birthday and that came with square drive screws. Brilliant bit of kit!

I have only ever seen Robertson drive stuff in Canada, but I have seen some bits and screws advertised in UK recently. Yet another type of driver to add to the slot/Philips/Pozi/Allen/Torx sets!

I only have the 4.5mm slotted but it's amazing, i basically use it for everything. I have a very expensive set of other drivers and i basically don't use them.
Where did you get it?

I tried contacting Boddingtons for an account, but don't need a wholesale one, and they got in touch to say CEF are stocking some (but not that, last time I looked) as I lost the driver I had that was great, and the ones remaining are either a touch too small or too large for typical accessory terminals.

One thing I enjoy about occasional work in GB is leaving square drive screws behind. Helps put a day in knowing how the next guy is going to react.
I actually got a set of the American Kleins on Sale recently ( the ones with the big black rubber handles ) and this is the American ELectricans 4 piece.
It came with a PH1 , PH2 , large slotted around 6mm and a Square Tip #2
I am guessing these are the most common drivers they use over the Pond.
No pozi at all

Reply to Klein Orange Screwdriver 5 piece for sale in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net