Discuss LED light strip project suggestions in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Darren654

DIY
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm after some advice/suggestions/confirmation please.
Looking to install some separate runs of LED strip lights as shown below. Thinking I can split it 3 ways to cover the 5 areas, however, with little experience towards this and going off google I haven’t had many clear answers so thought I’d ask here. Does the attached plan look plausible, is there a more efficient way to do it?

thanks in advance!
Darren

ACA1B073-0625-466A-BA69-02F9AB459FCF.jpeg

Two rings from one OCPD do not a figure-8 circuit make.

Re the OP's LEDs, instead of daisy-chaining each upper lengths from the end of one below it I would feed both from the cable coming up the wall. Nothing gained by passing the current through one strip and back again.

Hi everyone,

Looking to install some separate runs of LED strip lights as shown below. Thinking I can split it 3 ways to cover the 5 areas, however, with little experience towards this and going off google I haven’t had many clear answers so thought I’d ask here. Does the attached plan look plausible, is there a more efficient way to do it?

thanks in advance!
Darren

View attachment 64744
We think you should calculate the total length,normally led strip with 5Meters per roll,if over 5 meters ,the led strip will with voltage drop.
You know constant current led strip? it can be 10M 20M 30M per roll without voltage drop,just one side with power supply will be ok and no need transformer.
It is design for your home ? If yes,you should use the linear light will be better.

From hmjled company ,Alvin

Hi everyone,

thanks in advance!
Darren

View attachment 64744

For such projects, you should find the right strip light to make your job easier. There is a kind of DC24V LED strip which has no voltage drop within 15meter. If you could find the right one, definitely will make your work much more easier.

Great minds and all that, but did you do this for the body spays? All tested to 10 bar before installation, did wonder at the time if it was worth it, but they all have the same pressure.?View attachment 64749
what a waste of expensive copper. 1 nozzle gets you just as wet as 6. ??

Reply to LED light strip project suggestions in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net