Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss LED strip light bathroom instal in the DIY Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. neil_leccy

neil_leccy New EF Member

Hi

I want to install an led strip light under my bath panel. I have purchased an IP67 rated light but now I need to power it. I was planning on channeling up the wall to the loft where I have a power strip I can plug into, I will then be sealing this channel and tiling over it to seal back. Is this allowed or not? If you have any other suggestions then please let me know. I do have a power plug directly outside the bathroom which I could plug into instead, I was just thinking the higher the better.

Thanks for your advice in advance.

2. Rpa07

Rpa07 3000 posts - only 50554 behind Telectrix! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Ebenezer electrical
    Does ‘under’ mean behind when you are talking about the panel.
    Will it require tools to remove?
    What voltage is the LED strip.

3. robd

robd Electrician's Arms

How will the supply be routed and will it be in a safe zone?

4. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

Does your socket circuit have RCD protection?

5. westward10

westward10 In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream. Electrician's Arms

Why would you want to do this.

6. neil_leccy

neil_leccy New EF Member

Thanks for the questions.

The bath panel has a recessed lip at bottom so I was going to stick the lights underneath that (zone1). The room is 2000mm long and the bath is 1700mm, so I am building a storage unit to bath highet which the cable will pass through until it reaches the wall, it will then travel up the channel in the wall (zone 2)which is 2300mm and through the ceiling into a power socket in the loft. The power socket is rigged to the upstairs power ring and protected back at the board.

The LeD lights are 12V 2AMP

Why am I doing this? Fair question. Purely just to have a different light style in the room, a nice to have, if I can do it then I will put it in as others have done but if I can’t I will do without!

Cheers

7. neil_leccy

neil_leccy New EF Member

I have attached a photo of the end of the bath and then the area where I am going to make a small storage unit and then it will proceed up that wall.

E6FE9ED7-9D98-49A3-87AD-1C294C9B0F23.jpeg

8. Rpa07

Rpa07 3000 posts - only 50554 behind Telectrix! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Ebenezer electrical
    I miss the clock already.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Percyprod

Percyprod Regular EF Member

I suppose the loft option is best, as the electric will be going down hill to the light, so you can use a smaller cable . Oh sorry, forgot the neutral will have to go up hill.

10. FatAlan

FatAlan Trainee Trainee Access

R
    Reminds me of when I told my son to get the outside Lane in a swimming gala as it was slightly more down hill than the other lanes. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1