Discuss letter of introduction in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Benjamiin

hi all, i have put together a letter of introduction and i plan to distribute it to local estate agents, shops, b&b's, restaurants etc etc, ive copied it in below and i appreciate any advice given! please dont rip it to shreds, im trying to set up a business and what i need is help from those more experienced in setting up and running their own business, or even dealing with clients and drumming up a customer base not being made to feel knee high to a grasshopper! thanks for your comments

Dear sir/madam
I would like to take this opportunity to introduce to you my business.
I have been in the electrical industry for 8 years, and having gained several qualifications and experience in domestic, industrial and commercial electrical work I have started my own company.
B.R Electrical is a newly established business aiming to provide a friendly and proffessional service to customers in domestic, industrial and commercial environments , no job is too small and no job is complete until the customer is 100% satisfied with the quality of our work.
Services offered include:
· Electrical installation condition reports (E.I.C.R)
· Fault finding
· Full + Partial Rewires
· Additional power points
· Additional BT Points
· TV installation and troubleshooting through a trusted engineer
· P.A.T testing
· Emergency flood response ( electrical installation fully tested and made safe)
· Free quotations on all work
We offer a friendly service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, with no additional charge for emergency callouts.
I am contactable at any time via:
Email – [email protected]
telephone - 07*********
Thank you for your time
Regards
Ben Roberts

They may be interested in your prices as estate agents will certainly have "electricians" on their books who do drive past EICR's at less than £50 a throw!

.... and if you can convince shops, offices, B&B's, restaurants etc ..... to have their EICR's done IAW any recommendations in the BGB/GN3 then let me know. I want a copy of your final letter!

Not dear sir/madam, if you don't know who it is use dear sir or madam. It may look the same but it isn't.
Scrub the bit about "through a trusted engineer" it's a service you offer but whoever comes out is your employee (at least that's what you tell the client) and is an expert in the field.
Before "Thank you for your time" put in something like "I'd be grateful for the opportunity of quoting for any work you need" (play with that wording to suit yourself, I would)

I think my test form.would have more limitations than test results haha!!

ok cheers trev, do you think I should include a price list or price if im asked?
Hell no. Tell them you can give an estimate over the phone but all jobs should be surveyed if at all possible.
You might have £x for installing an extra socket but it could be a pig of a job. Plus, a price list is giving them ammunition "oh my electrician charges me £this much. Can you match that"
Forget prices for now, sell yourself on the quality of work. If they come out with that crap I tell people now that they can find others cheaper than me, then I tell them I could be cheaper if I were prepared to cut corners. You'd be amazed at how often that works.

ok cheers trev, Ill try that one if im lucky to get any phone calls! do any of you do any work for estate agents, im after advice on billing, is it per job, or end of every month or two weekly? I am generally pretty clueless at the moment!

I lost interest in the letter after about 10 lines.

To much info.
Needs to be straight to the point

B.R Electrical (any business Logo?)

All Domestic, Industrial, Commercial work Undertaken

Services offered include:

· Electrical installation condition reports (E.I.C.R)
· Fault finding
· Full + Partial Rewires
· Additional power points
· Additional BT Points
· TV installation and troubleshooting through a trusted engineer
· P.A.T testing
· Emergency flood response ( electrical installation fully tested and made safe)
· Free quotations on all work

Service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, no additional charge for emergency callouts.

Contact;
Email –
[email protected]
telephone - 07*********

Regards
Ben Roberts

Ps I've tried ringing your phone number but no-one answers ?!?!?

Last edited:
ok cheers trev, Ill try that one if im lucky to get any phone calls! do any of you do any work for estate agents, im after advice on billing, is it per job, or end of every month or two weekly? I am generally pretty clueless at the moment!
Do a job, do a bill. You wouldn't find any other supplier apart from a utility company doing periodic billing, unless it was for a service/maintenance contract

I lost interest in the letter after about 10 lines.

To much info.
Needs to be straight to the point.

ok, so how do I get to the point without saying what type and how much experience I have? If I just say hello ben electrician I do this thanks bye I feel it looks unprofessional and that the person who wrote the letter could be a cowboy with little or no experience, ie a Electrical Trainee

@ snowhead, the letter is printed on a letter head with my logo at the bottom, just the forum wouldnt let me attach the original so I had to copy and paste :)

Personally I think estate agents etc are the worst type of customers ( and I work for quite a few) They're bloody awful for getting prices, trying to knock you down. You'll get asked to break prices down to what 'has to be done', what should be done, what they want done etc, etc... Then you'll get 'we'll pass the invoice on to the landlord' ' the tenant is paying some, the landlord the rest' etc, etc . Bloody nightmares! I refuse to shift on prices and it's usually my reputation that gets me the work, but personally I wouldn't worry if none of them called me again ... Lol

I dont get why everyone likes estate agents. always going to go for the cheapest price, as long as it gets done... surely?

Letter looks nice... id play on the words a bit more, you do sort of lose interest and start skim reading it, use longer more eloquent words to grab a bit more attention, but dont make it look like a letter addressed to the queen!

Reply to letter of introduction in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net