Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Level 2&3 diploma (2635) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Mark27

Mark27 New EF Member

Hi all.

I'm currently thinking of a career change and would like to become an electrician.

There is a course local to me offering a level 2&3 diploma (2365) on a 16 week intensive course.

Working out the amount of days put in, this does roughly work out to the same amount of time as 2 years at college.

I know that this will not make me a qualified electrician and that I will have to complete an NVQ among other things.

My questions are,

1, are courses like this any good?

2, where can I go once I complete the course?

I'm not in a position to start an apprenticeship from scratch and know I will need site experience before I can start the NVQ.

Just wondering what position the diplomas put me in and what level of work to apply for?

Thanks.

2. dinger809

dinger809 EF Member

Business Name:
    The 2365 will give you a basic understanding, enough to get you started as an electricians mate. It also depends on where you do your training and your instructor. I've met a lot of people who have done this intensive course and they all come out of it with different levels of ability. You need it now, I think, in order to move onto the NVQ if you're not doing an apprenticeship. You'll still need work with an electrician or in site to build up experience and ability. Good luck

• Agree Agree x 1