Discuss Lighting circuit wiring diagrams in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

srands

Here are useful LIGHTING CIRCUIT diagrams:

WORD document of all common LIGHTING CIRCUITs

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=9ec5...d=9EC5688DD90EEC6C&resid=9EC5688DD90EEC6C!500

Or in picture format below (Left click any picture for FULL SIZE version):

1 WAY (WITHOUT CEILING ROSE):
1WAY1Light1SwitchWithOutCeilingRose.jpg

1 WAY & 2 WAY any (WITH CEILING ROSE):
1Light1SwitchWithCeilingRoseFixture.jpg
1Light2SwitchesWithCeilingRoseFixture.jpg

2 WAY any with 2 LIGHTS (WITH 2 CEILING ROSES):
2Lights2SwitchesWith2CeilingRoseFixtures.jpg

3 WAY any (WITH CEILING ROSE)
1Light3SwitchesWithCeilingRoseFixture.jpg

CEILING ROSE FIXTURE:
CeilingRoseInstructions.jpg

2 WAY any (WITHOUT CEILING ROSE)
1Light2SwitchesWithOutCeilingRoseFixture.jpg

Intermediate Light Switches:
IntermediateLightSwitchInstructions.jpg

3 WAY any (WITHOUT CEILING ROSE):
1Light3SwitchesWithOutCeilingRoseFixture.jpg

4 WAY any (WITHOUT CEILING ROSE):
1Light4SwitchesWithOutCeilingRoseFixture.jpg

2 WAY any & 3 WAY any (WITHOUT CEILING ROSE):
2wayAny&3wayAnyWithOutCeilingRose.jpg

RING & RADIAL:
RING circuit & RADIAL circuit.jpg

If want the full size pictures of the useful LIGHTING CIRCUIT diagrams as a WORD DOCUMENT download for free from below:

WORD document of all common LIGHTING CIRCUITs

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=9ec5...d=9EC5688DD90EEC6C&resid=9EC5688DD90EEC6C!500

Perhaps this hard/electronic copy is also useful because, you can't make the pictures out in this message!

Stephan Rands

www.srands.co.uk

ELEC GAS WATER autocalc: 1st tab, scroll down

FUSEBOX MCB autocalc: 3rd & 4th tab

RING AMP autocalc: 1st tab

METRIC autocalc

MPG autocalc

SOME CONUNDRUMS!:
I've posted this message (And my other previous conquests!), as I was VERY VERY surprised I couldn't find such LIGHTING CIRCUIT DIAGRAMS with ease using online searches of this forum, and the internet in general, odd I thought as since RINGED/RADIAL SKT circuits are quite straight forward, then the only real question here is the correct circuit for LIGHTING! (Many will argue that fitting CONSUMER UNIT FUSESBOXES is complicated, which it is, more complicated then it should be!).

However please feel free to add these links below (Website addresses, urls, etc), the numerous number of posts on this subject (That I couldn't find), and web references to wiring regulations, and any other derogatory negative remarks you have as well!

Can you post on for parallel wiring I'm wiring a large room which may my need two or three PIRs I know they should be in parallel as I want either one to bring on all the lights .... Between each pir what should I have ?

Thanks

Nabba come on mate, take a few minutes with a pencil and a bit of paper, it's really easy I promise
Come on, restore my faith in the training process by figuring it out. PLEASE

Last edited by a moderator:
Nabba is this for your own place or are you using someone else's home or business premises and this forum as a training exercise?

It's a refurb in a office it's just that mainly we do heavy industrial installs, and it's just been some time doing a install like this , so on your Advice would I be correct in saying line , neutral , earth from Db to first sensor then from that one to the next one again line , neutral , earth and a switch live to incorporate them both to bring lights on

Thanks

Who is we? Do you mean that the company you work for has taken on work for which the staff have no experience? If so then this should not happen and you need to tell someone that you can't do this. Or have you taken on a job with no knowledge? If so this should not happen and you should tell the client you can't do this.
If you're qualified to do heavy industrial you should be able to figure this out with a pencil and paper. I know there are lads on here from very heavy industrial backgrounds who could figure this out in their sleep.

I'm not on here to be debated with or insulted .... All I asked for was advice to be pointed in the right direction...

Thanks

I'm neither debating or insulting, I do not believe I have done either. If you feel otherwise please point me to the injurious posts and if I agree I shall either amend them or apologise to you.

funny........ every circuit you do is a parallel cirucit which = link the sensors together then off too lights. that my educated guess

i even admitt i wish i was still out with somone with lots of expierience than doing it myself and oing grey and taken ages
I'm neither debating or insulting, I do not believe I have I have done either. If you feel otherwise please point me to the injurious posts and if I agree I shall either amend them or apologise to you.

nabba, we get a lot of people coming on here asking some very basic questions concerning jobs in commercial and domestic premises, and it worries us that they are taking on work which is really beyond their knowledge and experience. I think that what trev is saying, is that if you cannot work this out for yourself, then maybe you need to hand the design part of the job over to someone who has experience in this field.
I'm sure he didn't mean to debate or insult, just offer his opinion that this is something which you can either do or you can't.

One of my points exactly Guitarist. The other being, if you cannot do it you should not.
Was that debating, insulting or even, dare I say it, upsetting?

Reply to Lighting circuit wiring diagrams in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net