Discuss Lighting circuits and possible cross-over in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Lol the wooden spoon wasn’t considered, but it might be now!

Murdoch, no it isn’t the switch I was asking about morning. Still haven’t done that yet

Am in Peterborough.
I’m not sure how long it’s been like this, I only discovered it recently by chance when I changed a lightswitch like for like. And yes I got the wires in the correct holes :)

So it worked before ............. human intervention can create issues.

Sorry if this isn't what you want to hear.

Westward, you are the winner of a nice, brand new shiny toaster!
The issue was indeed cross-over.
I checked the switch again, (after safe isolation and testing) and discovered I had somehow managed to get two wires swapped.
So, after rectifying my goof, (and more testing), all is working well again, and there is no longer any weird switching issues when either CB is tripped!
Thanks for all y'all's input! :)
Cheers,
Gary

So my offer of help wasn't ever required then Gary, thanks for letting me know.

Pete, I did say that if I did need help I would let you know.
But I managed to sort the issue out myself, and I did thank you for the offer.
I do apologise if I have offended you in any way.

Gary haveyou read my PM of an offer to come and take a look at your problem? if you don't want any help please at least let me know.

It was part of an offer to help, jim_e_ jib so why the dumb post?

Hi Pete - sorry - fat fingers on a touch screen! I actually thought it was a very kind offer.

i need my belly to go on a diet. need a mirror to check if my feet are still attached.

Reply to Lighting circuits and possible cross-over in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net