Discuss Lighting Circuits...... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Toneyz

Without going into calculations, at what length of the main run from the D.B. on a lighting circuit do you get a gut feeling that it needs to be upgraded from 1.5 to 2.5 cable more referring to singles than T & E. 6/10A type C mcb LED lighting low design current so more of a V.D max loop etc.

Without calculation it is impossible to say as you have to consider vd and fault protection requirements.

Without going into calculations, at what length of the main run from the D.B. on a lighting circuit do you get a gut feeling that it needs to be upgraded from 1.5 to 2.5 cable more referring to singles than T & E. 6/10A type C mcb LED lighting low design current so more of a V.D max loop etc.
when the end comes off the reel and it won't stretch to the last light.o_Oo_O

Without calculation it is impossible to say as you have to consider vd and fault protection requirements.
The only reason asking was we all get an experience view after doing in practice. The electrical consultant has worked out 1.5 but in most cases the run is not always in practice.

assuming that the load is irrelevant ( i.e well within the ccc of 1.5mm) , then all you need to consider is VD.

Not making this a technical question too much but if you are pulling just over half a drum in to the first light then you have the lights as pre-flexed leads between fittings just looking for an view from a gut feeling/past experience.

Domestic, Commercial or industrial?

Not making this a technical question too much but if you are pulling just over half a drum in to the first light then you have the lights as pre-flexed leads between fittings just looking for an view from a gut feeling/past experience.
Have you worked out the VD ?

Reply to Lighting Circuits...... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net