Discuss Lighting Layout in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi

I've tried to download Relux for a lighting design but I'm struggling to get it to work, I've never used it before - I've done a calculation and I think I need 17 fittings using the following lights:

Knightsbridge
However I have 26 allowed in the price, could someone take a look at my drawing and advise if its ok?

The Ceiling height is 2.4m
Length of room is 14m
Width of room is 6.6m
Lux required at desk is 300 - 400 lux

With my drawing I have made an educated guess on the grid layout its a scaled drawing, there are no drawings for the actual grid layout and its not being fitted for a while

I appreciate your input

Just a thought, the black dots are lights and the P is a occupancy pir

Attachments

• photo (25).jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 64
doesn't look bad. i'd be inclined th move the perimeter fittings in 1 tile, they seem too close to the walls, and not sure about using occupancy sensors in an office. if nobody's moving the lights will switch off.

It doesn't look bad as a general layout, but as Tel says they don't need to be too close to walls or windows.
If you get in touch with the manufacturer with your requirements, they should do you a plan with their software. They will want to know grid layout, desk layout, room dimensions, grid height, required lux at desk etc, but if they are any good then knocking up a plan for you shouldn't be a problem. They want to sell you fittings after all.

As Andy78 says, use the manufacturers. But don't forget the buck stops at you if there are any issues. I too have tried Relux but with limited success and have downloaded Dialux which I use as a guide to compare with manufacturer layout.
From my college days it was always half distance from fitting to wall as it was from fitting to fitting.

Reply to Lighting Layout in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net