Discuss Lighting spur off a fuse spur in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

I know that it will be on the appliance BUT they don't have the appliance yet all they're able to do it point at it on line and the only power information on line is in kWh. So how do I work out the total load with that information.

e.g.
Buy BEKO LX5053S Undercounter Fridge - Silver | Free Delivery | Currys
+
Buy BEKO WM74155LS Washing Machine - Silver | Free Delivery | Currys
+
Buy BOSCH EcoLogixx 7 WTW86561GB Condenser Tumble Dryer - White | Free Delivery | Currys

Presumably you would transpose the calculation to work out kWh to get the power and then do the calculation for current as usual.

scarey questions by somebody claiming to have passed the 2391

I know how to work out a total load when given the appliance amps and that this info is on each appliance. I thought I had already explained this. I'm confussed about the "annual consumstion" and "kWh" part.

i dont need to convert from kwh to kw to tell you that all those appliances are going to well exceed 13A lol.
tumble drier alone is nearly 10amps.
washing machine the same , and around 5-6A for fridge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Biff. Then to someone else, how do you convert kWh into kW so I can have a real understanding of whats required not an educated guess.

I'm not sure why I'm getting such a bashing here. This isn't anything that was covered in 2391 and I'm keen to learn how to do this.

Yep, I see a 13a fcu is no good but can someone explain how I find out what is required from the information I've been given. Please remember I've not got the appliance to hand and only have info in kWh. ;)

Thanks Biff. Then to someone else, how do you convert kWh into kW so I can have a real understanding of whats required not an educated guess.

I'm not sure why I'm getting such a bashing here. This isn't anything that was covered in 2391 and I'm keen to learn how to do this.

No! it wouldn't but you should know this from earlier qualifications you should have or not if you are asking them, are you a Electrical Trainee by any chance?

Just showing the OP that the information is easily available.

You were just guessing :)

kWh = Power (in kilowatts) x time (in hours)

You do the rest...

Now that rings a bell, thanks! So (and this is from memory so I may very well not be getting this right) if E=Pxt then because I've already got the watts per hour then the math for the tumble dryer is...
E=Pxt
1.4kWh=1400x1

A=w/v
5.8A=1400/240

So then a 6A fuse should take that load. Obviously I have other loads to add to that in this situation BUT from what you guys are saying that seems very low? And now I've just seen the manafactorys details which prove my math to be wrong. Bugger this, I give in and will now just google the details.

Reply to Lighting spur off a fuse spur in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net