Currently reading:
Live works,on DB to do or not to do

Discuss Live works,on DB to do or not to do in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I must say I always work live

The biggest scare I got was when a general operator went to reach over my shoulder, he was mesmerised by the 400 amp copper bus bar.

He was looking to take it home for scrap, ready to ask me if I needed it.

:dizzy:

I must say I always work live

The biggest scare I got was when a general operator went to reach over my shoulder, he was mesmerised by the 400 amp copper bus bar.

He was looking to take it home for scrap, ready to ask me if I needed it.

:dizzy:

Never heard a John Thomas called a 400 amp bus bar before, every day is a school day on the EF website........ no wonder you where scared.......

Don't... I did a job on Saturday adding a couple of socket outlets in a nice house in Newport. The lady of the house asked a question about the testing (insulation resistance at that stage) whilst I was at the open consumer unit.

"Ooh, look at that cobweb" she said as she reached into the consumer unit and swept it away with a finger, just above the live bus bar!

The lady of the house asked a question about the testing whilst I was at the open consumer unit. "Ooh, look at that cobweb" she said as she reached into the consumer unit and swept it away with a finger, just above the live bus bar!
Oh dear that was close. For their and my safety, I wont allow untrained folk nearby as I work :) .

Oh dear that was close. For their and my safety, I wont allow untrained folk nearby as I work :) .

Ordinarily, I tend to do the same but she was very interested in what the test was and why the results were important.

Just a note to myself I think... Always tell the customer it's live and not to stick their pinkies anywhere near it.... even if it's not... scope then for some shenanigans *BANG* :D

Don't... I did a job on Saturday adding a couple of socket outlets in a nice house in Newport. The lady of the house asked a question about the testing (insulation resistance at that stage) whilst I was at the open consumer unit.

"Ooh, look at that cobweb" she said as she reached into the consumer unit and swept it away with a finger, just above the live bus bar!

I've had that before too. I have literally grabbed customers by the wrist when they have come for a nosey and tried to ask a question by touching things.

I tend to credit most householders with a modicum of common sense, but there is always one who wants to share the under stairs cupboard without your permission.

You mean you didn't hoover out the CSU before you started work? Tsk!

Reply to Live works,on DB to do or not to do in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back