Discuss Live works,on DB to do or not to do in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

67446ACD-D8E1-4F95-BF21-CD0C4ECD4FCA.jpeg

Anytime now @SWD you can stop using it!

what’s your take on working on live DB’S,connecting circuits & installing mcbs.
My opinion is no problem, just get on with it.

Whats the matter with you, just make sure the back of your hand flicks the cable to see if it is live :D

doing a landing light switch last night. having read this thread, decided to isolate at MCB in CU to be safe. done the switch, coming back downstairs in semi-dark, tripped over the customer's cat, went arse over --- down the stairs. head hit glass topped table, glass shattered: Ming vase on top in 1000 bits; customer's husband's ashes flying round the hallway; this brought on a hay fever attack, so, rushing out to get allergy pills out from the van, fell over the dog, got bitten , 10 hours in A&E. so next time I'll do it live ,Ta very much.

I agree with Vort but throughout my apprenticeship working on Live TP&N boards was extremely common fitted many an MCB/RCBO into a live DB and of course live testing.... but now with my own company any live work is a no go too much liability if something goes pear shaped just switch it off unless you really can’t then use common sense and what @Vortigern said

Whats the matter with you, just make sure the back of your hand flicks the cable to see if it is live :D
He might howl like the dog in your picture just before he slaps himself in the face by doing that any way the tongue is much more accurate for obtaining true voltage readings than the hand

Reply to Live works,on DB to do or not to do in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Replacing DB’s with all singing all dancing RCBO’s Problem’s we have now…Existing installation consisted of DB Grd Floor.. DB 1st Floor…Grd Floor...
Replies
Views
5 single phases to one huge property. Backup generator which can take about 106 amps split between 2 phases - 1 phase will be wired through...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm not an electrician, more one of those 'competent DIYers', so probably the worst kind :) My electric shower broke, the shower firm came...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, looking for some feedback from electricians living in Belfast (carrickfergus) area. Looking at potentially migrating to that area within...
Replies
Views
Hi. I've read much about ac vs dc but can't find a 'simple' answer. If current alternates 50 times per second in a uk mains circuit, why do live...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock