Currently reading:
Location of switches for fixed kitchen appliances.

Discuss Location of switches for fixed kitchen appliances. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

IT wouldn't take much effort to add to the 18 th edition a thought out, sensible definition of "accessible"

Then this stupidity would be resolved.

A plug behind white goods is not accessible.... Imho

I agree, hence why all my white goods are plugged into a single socked Fed off a switched fuse spur above the work surface. Providing full isolation ...simples

IT wouldn't take much effort to add to the 18 th edition a thought out, sensible definition of "accessible"

Then this stupidity would be resolved.

A plug behind white goods is not accessible.... Imho

Try telling those flipping kitchen designers that!

One of the last kitchens I did, we were struggling to locate the cooker outlet, for the electric hob & oven. The floor units either side of which were drawer units and then pull-out corner units. In the end, located it in a 400mm floor unit. Customer then retrospectively, decided that was wasted space, and had a recycling unit put in there. o_O

All you need to do is buy some sexy grid switches, i believe Hager make some with the appliance type etched into the switch, i think they look great on display and i could not understand why you would not want that functionality easily accessible.
if the client says no i dont want to see them just say "but there sexy switches" (as you rub them up and down your arm with a suggestive gesture on your face). hahaha

Reply to Location of switches for fixed kitchen appliances. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back