Discuss Loft boarding thickness help? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rocker

Here's a nice quick one, does anyone know if 9mil OSB3 would be OK to board out an attic for occasional use? Standard joists with good noggins. Ta!

images.jpg

Noggin the Nog. how many of these have you got?

demolition yard. reclaimed timber, worm holes included foc

Magnet ey, I thought they were meant to be super expensive. I'll go and have a chat with 'em.

Lenny too right, can imagine the attic floor will be there long after the house has crumbled with 1 inch ply lol!

Tel unfortunately my reclaimation yard has closed, now all I have is an architectural salvage yard and if you know your onions, which I know you do, you'll know that difference between the names means a good ten-times difference between the prices!

Try your local Magnet Newport / Wales - Magnet
pretty good for board materials if you can strike a bargain, particularly celotext (or if you're feeling flush go for tri iso super 9/10) for additional insulation.

That tri iso stuffs amazing...developed by nasa i believe, did a house (bungalow converted to dormer) and encased top floor in it. Brilliant. We had twenty rolls on site in jan (few grands worth) overnight, my mate kipped on it make sure it wasnt nicked!

That tri iso stuffs amazing...developed by nasa i believe, did a house (bungalow converted to dormer) and encased top floor in it. Brilliant. We had twenty rolls on site in jan (few grands worth) overnight, my mate kipped on it make sure it wasnt nicked!
Yep, brilliant stuff, saves a lot of headroom as well for conversions. Usually need 120mm or so at least for celotex + 20mm over the trusses + plasterboard versus 30mm for tri iso (+plasterboard)!

Reply to Loft boarding thickness help? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net