Discuss London Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

Nigel

From 8th April 2019 card and vans not meeting the Euro 6 Standard on emissions will need to pay a £12.50 charge to enter London on top of the £11.50 Congestion Charge.

You can check if your vehicle is compliant here

None of my vans meet this so now looking to get new vans.

Another reason I'm glad I don't live in London, not that I needed another.

@essex how many vans are you likely to need to change?

I have four vans and all would need changing. Potentially costing me an extra £1000 per month in ULEZ charges, so looking at lease deals a decent van is about £250 a month so also £1000 per month for four.

I would then save on repairs as they will be under warranty, also creating a saving on engineer down time and RAC cover as most come with free road-side assistance also.

I have four vans and all would need changing.
maxresdefault.jpg
yes I can see you in that buzzing round the smokes .:)

Yes. Annoyingly. They have a 20 litre ad-blue tank.

...And a multitude of other issues... they have electric/hydraulic steering,which lasted 9,000 miles on me pals,and the front end is very weak steer/brake/drive wise.
Other bits are standard French revenge...short broomstick, required to swap pollen filter,fuel filter under chassis,etc

When the steering went,the dealership sent the RAC,to recover it,back to them....was helping the lad get it on the tow dolly they use,and noticed,that for a change,the towing eye,had a righthand thread. I mentioned that maybe the French were coming over to the dark side,and the lad said "I'd grease that,if i were you....you'll be using it a lot..." ;)

Reply to London Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net