Discuss Looking for help - Trying to move a light switch but I think the cable I’ve bought is defective in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thanks for coming back.
I think I'm right in saying you have connected the earth conductors to the old wall box?
It would be desirable to put full length green/yel sleeving on all those bare earth wires if you can. Otherwise, looks good to me!
Firstly just wanted to again thank you for all your help I really appreciated it couldn’t have done it without you

I connected the earth wires to both the old box and the new box as I thought that made the most logical and safe sense

Yes I’ll try to put some sleeving on them would electrical tape be just as good if can’t find any small packs of sleeving?

Firstly just wanted to again thank you for all your help I really appreciated it couldn’t have done it without you

I connected the earth wires to both the old box and the new box as I thought that made the most logical and safe sense

Yes I’ll try to put some sleeving on them would electrical tape be just as good if can’t find any small packs of sleeving?
Personally I hate 'insulation' tape. You come back years later for maintenance or whatever and everything is sticky and gunky to work on, and you get the stick on the bare ends of the wire and then wonder if the terminal connection will be poor as a result. Horrible!
Spoil yourself and do it nicely with sleeving!

Reply to Looking for help - Trying to move a light switch but I think the cable I’ve bought is defective in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

can anyone please advise on where the wires go? My electrician installed a new cable ready for when I bought a security light. The cable as shown...
Replies
Views
Hi, I installed 6 recessed lights in my living room. I’m now up to the wiring part of the project. There is an outlet in the room that is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Looking for someone to help with this dilemma. Image attached to try and explain it better. We have 3 separate lights currently...
Replies
Views
Hi.. Newby here.. I have a couple lights holders/bulbs on the end of a flex plugged into the mains 13Amp plug. I want to put an inline switch on...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking to install a new bathroom extractor fan in my bathroom as I have a windowless bathroom and the current one I have installed in...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock