Discuss Looking to monitor 3phase over 2 systems in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rsw

Hello, looking for some advise from you please
Just had solar installed on the roof of the factory
It's two separate systems as the unit has two grid feeds 12kw & 24kw

Looking for a system to monitor the generation and consumption over the two systems as a whole
We could connect to the Inverters with RS485 but this will only give generation figures and not the consumption

Can't seam to find anything for 3 phase that will look at both the generation from the solar and the usage from the grid and give us a nice display for the office in real time

Any suggestions of systems installed and in use ?

Thanks

Inverters are Power One 20tl and 10tl
Have read about the Elios but not sure on the Wifi aspect as everything is cat5 here due to the structure of the building.
We are trying a Owl Intuition but the readings look way out for generation and usage and they only keep data for 3 months anyway

Hi rsw, happy to help if I can. Feel free to drop me a mail andy dot oleary at sibert dot co dot uk. If you are restricted to hard-wired LAN connections only, would it be possible to create a WiFi access point, purely for the Elios devices perhaps?

Have you tried Aurora Communicator ?

It will not tell you anything about your imports but it will show you most aspects of your P V production and reveal just how much it fluctuates second by second during the day and varies over the week.
Something I do not think most people appreciate .

However I think you will find your imports are are fluctuating in a co-related fashion assuming you you have a stable load that is not controlled to take account of your P V production .

If it would be of help I could e-mail some charts.

is it possitble to hardwire data cables between them all back to a central hub?

We're about to evaluate a solution for this sort of situation that looks the business, with either 4 or 8 channel 3 phase options.

Reply to Looking to monitor 3phase over 2 systems in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net